A €2.8 billion (US$3.8 billion) joint investment in robotics research and innovation by the robotics industry and the European Commission is intended to create over 240,000 new jobs in Europe -- but it remains unclear how many old jobs will be replac...
A campaign on the Internet is objecting to the exclusion of issues like net neutrality, the cyberweapons arms race and surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency from the discussion paper of an Internet governance conference this week in Sao P...
A Swedish ISP has deleted all retained customer data after European Union laws that require communications providers to retain metadata were invalidated by the EU's supreme court earlier this week. The ISP on Thursday called on other providers to do ...
The European Commission and the European telecommunications industry are about to spend €3.5 billion (US$4.8 billion) to develop the fifth generation of mobile telecommunications.
Google has done what the European Commission declined to do: publish the details of the latest commitments Google made in a bid to settle a long-running antitrust case involving its treatment of rival specialist search services, among other matters.
The exclusive relationship of ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) with the U.S. must end said the European Union’s digital agenda chief on Wednesday.
The European Union will push for diminished U.S. influence on Internet governance because of "loss of confidence" in the current U.S.-centric model, according to a news report.
The way to get Google to comply with data privacy laws is to hit the company where it hurts: its bank balance, the European Union's Justice Commissioner said Monday.
Many electronic payments will fail in Europe next month, unless the deadline for switching to the new SEPA payment system is extended, the European Commission warned Thursday.
The U.S. National Security Agency defended its foreign intelligence surveillance programs Friday after news reports that the agency has targeted foreign leaders and business executives.
The E.U. will reject Google’s latest proposals aimed at settling a three-year dispute revealed the Commissioner in charge Friday.
The European Commission on Thursday asked the public for feedback on whether the European Union’s copyright laws are fit for the Digital Age.
Europe’s Home Affairs Commissioner said on Wednesday that she would be keeping a close eye on data sharing deals with the U.S.
The European Union will not set up a Terrorist Finance Tracking System (TFTS) due to concerns about data security.
The European Commission said Wednesday it will not suspend the safe harbor agreement with the U.S. despite calls from the European Parliament.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC