A €2.8 billion (US$3.8 billion) joint investment in robotics research and innovation by the robotics industry and the European Commission is intended to create over 240,000 new jobs in Europe -- but it remains unclear how many old jobs will be replac...
A campaign on the Internet is objecting to the exclusion of issues like net neutrality, the cyberweapons arms race and surveillance by the U.S. National Security Agency from the discussion paper of an Internet governance conference this week in Sao P...
A Swedish ISP has deleted all retained customer data after European Union laws that require communications providers to retain metadata were invalidated by the EU's supreme court earlier this week. The ISP on Thursday called on other providers to do ...
The European Commission and the European telecommunications industry are about to spend €3.5 billion (US$4.8 billion) to develop the fifth generation of mobile telecommunications.
Google has done what the European Commission declined to do: publish the details of the latest commitments Google made in a bid to settle a long-running antitrust case involving its treatment of rival specialist search services, among other matters.
The exclusive relationship of ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) with the U.S. must end said the European Union’s digital agenda chief on Wednesday.
The European Union will push for diminished U.S. influence on Internet governance because of "loss of confidence" in the current U.S.-centric model, according to a news report.
The way to get Google to comply with data privacy laws is to hit the company where it hurts: its bank balance, the European Union's Justice Commissioner said Monday.
Many electronic payments will fail in Europe next month, unless the deadline for switching to the new SEPA payment system is extended, the European Commission warned Thursday.
The U.S. National Security Agency defended its foreign intelligence surveillance programs Friday after news reports that the agency has targeted foreign leaders and business executives.
The E.U. will reject Google’s latest proposals aimed at settling a three-year dispute revealed the Commissioner in charge Friday.
The European Commission on Thursday asked the public for feedback on whether the European Union’s copyright laws are fit for the Digital Age.
Europe’s Home Affairs Commissioner said on Wednesday that she would be keeping a close eye on data sharing deals with the U.S.
The European Union will not set up a Terrorist Finance Tracking System (TFTS) due to concerns about data security.
The European Commission said Wednesday it will not suspend the safe harbor agreement with the U.S. despite calls from the European Parliament.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA