The European Commission is reportedly revving up the engines on a controversial plan to retain passenger flight data across the EU, although a prior attempt got its wings clipped due to privacy concerns.
European copyright laws are too fragmented and ill-suited to online usage today: Legislators drafting new rules should limit copyright terms; allow unrestricted hypertext linking; exempt public-sector works from copyright; harmonize rules to simplify...
The European Commission is gearing up to solve some longstanding problems with outdated copyright and data protection laws and move ahead on new rules for roaming charges and net neutrality.
The European Union has ironed out privacy concerns in a proposed law that would make it mandatory for vehicles to have systems that automatically call emergency services in case of a crash.
In a move widely seen as targeting Google, European Union legislators have called on antitrust regulators to consider unbundling search engines from other commercial services as a way of maintaining competition in the search market.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
Here's one flight delay that European Union citizens might appreciate: The European Parliament has grounded an agreement that would have sent more passenger data winging its way to Canadian law enforcers. And like other flight delays, it could have h...
Breaking up Google by separating its search engine from other commercial services is only one of the actions the European Commission could take to resolve the company's antitrust problems, say members of Parliament who are proposing the split.
Members of the European Parliament are readying a motion calling for the break-up of Google, by separating its search engine functionality from other commercial services, according to news reports.
The digital domain will be an important focus for the new members of the European Union's executive branch, the European Commission, following their approval by the European Parliament on Wednesday.
The European Union is finally moving to replace its data protection supervisor, after Members of the European Parliament interviewed the five candidates shortlisted for the roles of EU data protection supervisor and assistant supervisor on Monday.
Justice ministers' proposals to relax European Union data protection rules for low-risk personal data are a step in the right direction, according to a lobbying group backed by IBM, Microsoft and Oracle.
Andrus Ansip and Günther Oettinger have won informal approval from the European Parliament to be the next EU digital commissioners.
Wasting no time, the European commissioner who could soon be co-leading the EU's digital agenda is already firing warning shots at the U.S. over data protection.
Günther Oettinger, the European Union's proposed Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society, gave a disappointing performance at his confirmation hearing, dodging questions and calling the victims of a recent data breach "dumb."
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerVIC