The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
The European Commission has ordered all makers of portable music players to add a default volume setting of around 80 decibels (dB) and a health warning to all new devices within the next two years.
Undaunted by European Union concerns over Oracle's proposed ownership of the open source MySQL database, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison insisted Monday that he would not spin off MySQL to get EU approval of Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems ...
In an unusual move, the European Commission unveiled e-mail exchanges between Intel and computer manufacturers that its antitrust officials describe as "smoking gun" evidence from the probe that resulted in the chip maker being fined just over $1.45 ...
Intel on Monday sharply criticized the European Commission, which found it guilty of anticompetitive behavior, accusing the regulator of being selective with evidence it looked at and, essentially, setting out to find the company guilty.
Microsoft and Yahoo are discussing their planned search collaboration with European regulators to establish whether the deal needs to be subjected to a formal merger probe, Microsoft said Thursday.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Microsoft may have denied that it's gouging European customers with its Windows 7 pricing, but an analysis by Computerworld shows that EU buyers will be paying as much as 163% more for some of the company's in-place Anytime Upgrades.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Microsoft's European online store crashed today under the load from customers eager to grab discounted copies of Windows 7.
Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
A lack of political vision and weak internal coordination at the European Commission have prevented Europe from reaping the rewards of advances in online services, according to EdiMA, a trade group representing the biggest names in Internet technolog...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW