The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
The European Commission has ordered all makers of portable music players to add a default volume setting of around 80 decibels (dB) and a health warning to all new devices within the next two years.
Undaunted by European Union concerns over Oracle's proposed ownership of the open source MySQL database, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison insisted Monday that he would not spin off MySQL to get EU approval of Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems ...
In an unusual move, the European Commission unveiled e-mail exchanges between Intel and computer manufacturers that its antitrust officials describe as "smoking gun" evidence from the probe that resulted in the chip maker being fined just over $1.45 ...
Intel on Monday sharply criticized the European Commission, which found it guilty of anticompetitive behavior, accusing the regulator of being selective with evidence it looked at and, essentially, setting out to find the company guilty.
Microsoft and Yahoo are discussing their planned search collaboration with European regulators to establish whether the deal needs to be subjected to a formal merger probe, Microsoft said Thursday.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Microsoft may have denied that it's gouging European customers with its Windows 7 pricing, but an analysis by Computerworld shows that EU buyers will be paying as much as 163% more for some of the company's in-place Anytime Upgrades.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Microsoft's European online store crashed today under the load from customers eager to grab discounted copies of Windows 7.
Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
A lack of political vision and weak internal coordination at the European Commission have prevented Europe from reaping the rewards of advances in online services, according to EdiMA, a trade group representing the biggest names in Internet technolog...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is said to mull selling its security business
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW