The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
The European Commission has ordered all makers of portable music players to add a default volume setting of around 80 decibels (dB) and a health warning to all new devices within the next two years.
Undaunted by European Union concerns over Oracle's proposed ownership of the open source MySQL database, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison insisted Monday that he would not spin off MySQL to get EU approval of Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems ...
In an unusual move, the European Commission unveiled e-mail exchanges between Intel and computer manufacturers that its antitrust officials describe as "smoking gun" evidence from the probe that resulted in the chip maker being fined just over $1.45 ...
Intel on Monday sharply criticized the European Commission, which found it guilty of anticompetitive behavior, accusing the regulator of being selective with evidence it looked at and, essentially, setting out to find the company guilty.
Microsoft and Yahoo are discussing their planned search collaboration with European regulators to establish whether the deal needs to be subjected to a formal merger probe, Microsoft said Thursday.
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Microsoft may have denied that it's gouging European customers with its Windows 7 pricing, but an analysis by Computerworld shows that EU buyers will be paying as much as 163% more for some of the company's in-place Anytime Upgrades.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Microsoft's European online store crashed today under the load from customers eager to grab discounted copies of Windows 7.
Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
A lack of political vision and weak internal coordination at the European Commission have prevented Europe from reaping the rewards of advances in online services, according to EdiMA, a trade group representing the biggest names in Internet technolog...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC