For some reason, Microsoft has taken to calling the mini-programs that you can install into their Office applications “apps”. Functionally, though, most of these are similar to Web browser add-ons - in the sense that they add to or enhance the feature set of the main program. Here are the most useful ones for the latest versions of Excel and Word.
Excel in pictures
If you find yourself preferring Skype over Apple's own FaceTime on the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad, good news: With Skype 4.1, Microsoft's Voice over IP app for mobile now supports HD video calls.
For some reason, Microsoft has taken to calling the mini-programs that you can install into their Office applications “apps”. Functionally, though, most of these are similar to Web browser add-ons - in the sense that they add to or enhance the featu...
Now that the public beta has begun, I've had a little time to evaluate Office 365, and it's been an interesting experience. I run a small business and am already a Google Apps for Business user, so am I tempted to make the switch?
Microsoft Excel spreadsheets hold more than a million rows of data and automate number crunching, but they can do so much more. Excel's simple interface lends itself to uses well beyond those that its designers ever imagined.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Latest News Articles
- US chases supercomputing crown with multipetaflop Trinity system
- Oracle gives sneak peek at its plans for OpenWorld
- Whistle activity monitor is like FitBit for dogs
- International law enforcement operation disrupts Shylock banking malware
- AWS rolls out enterprise document storage and sharing
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ