The company uses IFTTT-like recipes to help automate everyday tasks like filling out Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, with the goal of saving time (and employee sanity) within businesses.
Microsoft did a couple of crazy things with dates so Excel could count them for you correctly. We explain how Excel sees dates and how to work with dates in formulas.
Microsoft's online spreadsheet, Excel Online, adds a number of new features, all of which are free to use with a Microsoft account.
So, what else can Excel do? People ask this question all the time. The answer is "almost anything." Excel has evolved into one of the most versatile programs available. In addition to spreadsheets that calculate everything, it's also a database, a pr...
As part of the beta release program for Windows 10, Microsoft has released free touchscreen versions of Excel, PowerPoint and Word through the Windows Store.
If you find yourself preferring Skype over Apple's own FaceTime on the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad, good news: With Skype 4.1, Microsoft's Voice over IP app for mobile now supports HD video calls.
For some reason, Microsoft has taken to calling the mini-programs that you can install into their Office applications “apps”. Functionally, though, most of these are similar to Web browser add-ons - in the sense that they add to or enhance the featu...
Now that the public beta has begun, I've had a little time to evaluate Office 365, and it's been an interesting experience. I run a small business and am already a Google Apps for Business user, so am I tempted to make the switch?
Microsoft Excel spreadsheets hold more than a million rows of data and automate number crunching, but they can do so much more. Excel's simple interface lends itself to uses well beyond those that its designers ever imagined.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Microsoft's beta was full of shocking omissions, and what shipped is even worse - but there's a glimmer of hope.
The year is 1975. Gerald Ford is in the White House, South Vietnam falls, Muhammad Ali defeats Joe Frazier in the "Thrilla in Manila" world championship boxing match, the late-night comedy show NBC's Saturday Night (later called Saturday Night Live) ...
Microsoft today disclosed retail prices for Office 2010, and said it has no plans to offer "upgrade" editions -- the discounted versions for users who already have an earlier edition on their PCs. The move will effectively raise the price for many us...
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW