After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Microsoft has begun upgrading cloud-based Exchange and SharePoint services to its 2010 offerings, but the migration is expected to last all year and many customers may see only a "preview" version of the technology in 2010.
Microsoft has been ramping up its cloud-based Exchange Online offering for its largest customers -- even though that may mean cannibalizing its own on-premises Exchange Server installed base.
After reversing course on Exchange 2007 support, Microsoft now says a third service pack for the messaging server that adds compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2 will ship in the second half of next year.
When iPhones first started trickling into my office, I was a little apprehensive. At the time they only supported IMAP and POP3 for e-mail, which can be tricky to support in an Exchange environment. Two generations later, the iPhone has become a robu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC