After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Microsoft has begun upgrading cloud-based Exchange and SharePoint services to its 2010 offerings, but the migration is expected to last all year and many customers may see only a "preview" version of the technology in 2010.
Microsoft has been ramping up its cloud-based Exchange Online offering for its largest customers -- even though that may mean cannibalizing its own on-premises Exchange Server installed base.
After reversing course on Exchange 2007 support, Microsoft now says a third service pack for the messaging server that adds compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2 will ship in the second half of next year.
Microsoft has released a public beta of the next iteration of Exchange, called Exchange Server 2010. This latest release of Microsoft's collaborative and messaging software, currently winning the market share battle with IBM's Lotus Notes, is the fir...
Microsoft Tuesday launched a public beta for software that ties Mac users more closely to Exchange mail servers, making good on a promise the company announced earlier this month.
Microsoft last week confirmed that it inadvertently released a pre-release version of an Exchange Server 2007 update that could push servers into an endless series of crashes.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT