BitTorrent applications used by hundreds of millions of users around the world could be tricked into participating in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, amplifying the malicious traffic generated by attackers by up to 50 times.
Exploits / vulnerabilities
An Italian teenager has found two zero-day vulnerabilities in Apple's OS X operating system that could be used to gain remote access to a computer.
An unpatched vulnerability in the Google Admin application for Android can allow rogue applications to steal credentials that could be used to access Google for Work acccounts.
Google has released another patch for the Stagefright vulnerability after a security firm said the first one didn't fix it.
Three “high risk” vulnerabilities in SAP Mobile could give attackers access to encrypted information stored in mobile devices, security firm Onapsis reported Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End Developer - Team LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC