The "grinch" Linux vulnerability that Alert Logic raised alarms about Tuesday is not a vulnerability at all, according to Red Hat.
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
A grinch may be snatching away some year-end holiday time, forcing Linux system administrators to fill a gaping security hole in their systems.
An Israeli security firm has found a security flaw in Alibaba Group's international marketplace that could have wreaked havoc for the scores of merchants on the site.
Internet Explorer and Exchange Server top the list of Microsoft programs needing to be patched by IT administrators this month, now that the company has rolled out its latest round of "Patch Tuesday" security fixes.
Serious vulnerabilities exist in Google App Engine (GAE), a cloud service for developing and hosting Web applications, a team of security researchers has found.
Subdomains that once served a purpose but later were forgotten by website administrators can be abused by hackers to attack users of sites under the same main domain.
Webmasters who patched their sites against a serious SSL flaw discovered in October will have to check them again. Researchers have discovered that the vulnerability also affects implementations of the newer TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol.
A vulnerability in the IBM Endpoint Manager for mobile devices could allow attackers to execute malicious code on the servers used by companies to manage devices.
The Weather Channel has fixed a common web application security problem on its website that made nearly all links vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks.
Siemens released security updates for several of its SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) products for industrial environments, in order to fix critical vulnerabilities that may have been exploited in recent attacks.
Adobe released an emergency patch on Tuesday to fix a Flash Player vulnerability that was fixed last month but was quickly exploited again.
Using the "less" Linux command to view the contents of files downloaded from the Internet is a dangerous operation that can lead to remote code execution, according to a security researcher.
BitTorrent dismissed claims that its popular peer-to-peer file synchronization program BitTorrent Sync has an insecure cryptographic implementation that potentially gives the company access to users' files.
Attacks that exploit the Shellshock vulnerabilities recently patched in the Bash Unix deliver a malware program that tries to compromise systems running BusyBox, a collection of Unix utilities typically used on embedded devices like routers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia