The "grinch" Linux vulnerability that Alert Logic raised alarms about Tuesday is not a vulnerability at all, according to Red Hat.
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
A grinch may be snatching away some year-end holiday time, forcing Linux system administrators to fill a gaping security hole in their systems.
An Israeli security firm has found a security flaw in Alibaba Group's international marketplace that could have wreaked havoc for the scores of merchants on the site.
Internet Explorer and Exchange Server top the list of Microsoft programs needing to be patched by IT administrators this month, now that the company has rolled out its latest round of "Patch Tuesday" security fixes.
Serious vulnerabilities exist in Google App Engine (GAE), a cloud service for developing and hosting Web applications, a team of security researchers has found.
Subdomains that once served a purpose but later were forgotten by website administrators can be abused by hackers to attack users of sites under the same main domain.
Webmasters who patched their sites against a serious SSL flaw discovered in October will have to check them again. Researchers have discovered that the vulnerability also affects implementations of the newer TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol.
A vulnerability in the IBM Endpoint Manager for mobile devices could allow attackers to execute malicious code on the servers used by companies to manage devices.
The Weather Channel has fixed a common web application security problem on its website that made nearly all links vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks.
Siemens released security updates for several of its SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) products for industrial environments, in order to fix critical vulnerabilities that may have been exploited in recent attacks.
Adobe released an emergency patch on Tuesday to fix a Flash Player vulnerability that was fixed last month but was quickly exploited again.
Using the "less" Linux command to view the contents of files downloaded from the Internet is a dangerous operation that can lead to remote code execution, according to a security researcher.
BitTorrent dismissed claims that its popular peer-to-peer file synchronization program BitTorrent Sync has an insecure cryptographic implementation that potentially gives the company access to users' files.
Attacks that exploit the Shellshock vulnerabilities recently patched in the Bash Unix deliver a malware program that tries to compromise systems running BusyBox, a collection of Unix utilities typically used on embedded devices like routers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA