Hackers could have had an inside track on unpatched flaws in major software projects because of a critical vulnerability in Bugzilla, a system that many developers use to track and discuss bugs in their code.
In a gambit aimed at driving manufacturers to beef up protections for USB flash drive firmware, two security researchers have released a collection of tools that can be used to turn those drives into silent malware installers.
FireEye has detected Shellshock attacks against network-attached storage devices made by Taipei-based QNAP and used by universities and research institutes in Korea, Japan and the U.S.
The Xen Project has revealed the details of a serious vulnerability in the Xen hypervisor that could put the security of many virtualized servers at risk.
The Joomla project pushed out new updates for its popular content management system Wednesday after a glitch was found in the high-priority security patches it released a day before.
Virtual private network servers based on OpenVPN might be vulnerable to remote code execution attacks through Shellshock and other recent flaws that affect the Bash Unix shell.
Google has tripled its maximum reward for finding flaws in its software to US$15,000, a figure the company hopes will deter independent researchers from selling their information on shady markets.
Cisco Systems and Oracle are hard at work identifying networking and other products in their portfolios that are affected by the critical Shellshock vulnerability.
China has effectively cleared the iPhone 6 for sale in the country, granting the product a license, but not before a government regulator demanded Apple make some security changes in the iOS operating system to fix suspected flaws in the software.
Apple released a patch Monday for Shellshock, a serious software vulnerability disclosed last week, although the company had said it posed no risk to most users.
The cybercriminals behind the CryptoWall ransomware threat have stepped up their game and are digitally signing new samples before using them in attacks in an attempt to bypass antivirus detection.
System administrators who spent last week making sure their computers are patched against Shellshock, a critical vulnerability in the Bash Unix command-line interpreter, will have to install a new patch that addresses additional attack vectors.
Apple's OS X is vulnerable to the Shellshock bug, but it's not that easy for attackers to take advantage of it, according to Intego, which specializes in security software for the operating system.
A long-standing vulnerability unearthed in the GNU Bash software, nicknamed Shellshock, has disrupted the daily activities of the Linux system administrator community, as Linux distributors, cloud vendors and end users grapple to understand the full ...
Apple's iOS 8 addresses a serious weakness that could allow attackers to hijack the wireless network authentication of Apple devices and gain access to enterprise networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
- Asana's new feature lets users mark what tasks are holding them up
- Oracle and NetSuite: Longtime 'sweethearts' united at last
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW