Twitter's recently announced bug bounty program has helped the company identify and patch a serious vulnerability that could have potentially disrupted advertising on its platform.
After a one-week delay, Adobe Systems has released security updates for its Reader and Acrobat products to patch critical vulnerabilities that could lead to computers being compromised.
The default browser in Android versions older than 4.4 has a vulnerability that allows malicious websites to bypass a critical security mechanism and take control of a user's authenticated sessions on other sites.
VMware and Cisco Systems have released security fixes for serious vulnerabilities in networking virtualisation and server software typically used in datacentres.
A critical vulnerability in a popular e-commerce extension for the Joomla content management system allows malicious users to gain super-admin privileges to sites that run the software.
Cyberattackers curious about the contents of users' hard drives will now have a tougher time finding that information, thanks to a new patch that Microsoft issued Tuesday in the latest round of "Patch Tuesday" bug fixes.
Adobe Systems released a critical security update for Flash Player that fixes 12 security vulnerabilities, but pushed back its planned patches for Reader and Acrobat by a week.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should investigate security practices at Home Depot following media reports that the hardware retailer's payment systems have been breached, two U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Attackers are actively exploiting a critical vulnerability in a WordPress plug-in that's used by a large number of themes, researchers from two security companies warned Wednesday.
Following in the footsteps of other major Internet companies, Twitter has started paying monetary rewards to security researchers who find and report vulnerabilities in its Web services and mobile apps.
An ongoing attack in Brazil tricks users into visiting malicious websites that attempt to silently change the Domain Name System settings of their home routers.
While conducting a penetration test of a major Canadian retailer, Rob VandenBrink bought something from the store. He later found his own credit card number buried in its systems, a major worry.
Based on data gathered over the first six months of 2014, security researchers from IBM X-Force predict that the number of publicly reported vulnerabilities will drop to under 8,000 this year, a first since 2011.
A line of routers from a China-based manufacturer has a serious flaw that could allow a hacker to monitor someone's Internet traffic, according to research from Trend Micro.
A security precaution skipped in mobile applications such as Facebook's Messenger could be abused to make an expensive phone call at a victim's expense, a developer contends.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW