Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
Nothing provokes app uninstalls like sluggish performance and aggressive battery consumption. Facebook reveals how it uses mobile device testing to prevent those uninstalls.
'Bots' are hot today, and popular tech companies including Apple, Facebook and Google all take dramatically different approaches to bot technology. Here's what bots from these consumer giants could mean to enterprises.
Don't get distracted by the super-sized emoji and full-screen fireworks. The most significant change to Messages in iOS 10 is third-party app integration.
Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
With all the positive news that came out of Facebook's earnings call, the social networking giant has hit the zone.
A week before its annual F8 conference, Facebook took aim at live video rivals Periscope, Snapchat and YouTube with a series of new 'Facebook Live' features that encourage you to create more live video, as well as watch and interact with video in rea...
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
With Google set to buy app-maker Waze, the question is whether Google actually needs the crowd-sourced traffic app or is simply trying to stick it to its competitors.
Cloud storage isn't just for files and photos. With the right tools and services, you can do much more: organize data, or automate uploads and downloads. Synchronize, of course. Score extra space without paying an extra cent. Run a basic Web site fro...
Part two of a two-part series. For a contrarian view, see "Why PCs, not smartphones, are best for social media sharing."
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
Google+ just opened its doors to the world by enabling open signups and moving to the beta, testing phase. The nascent social network is still thin on features and ways for businesses to properly use it, but its minimalist approach has gained Google+...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW