Forgot your password? Well, Facebook wants to help you recover your account. The company is releasing an open source protocol that’ll let third-party sites recover a user’s account through Facebook, or any trusted service.
Facebook plans to deploy a tool to deal with fake news in Germany in the coming weeks, after announcing tests of the tool last month.
Facebook could be fined up to 1 percent of worldwide revenue for ‘misleading’ EU regulators about its 2014 takeover of Whatsapp
Facebook released its list of the most discussed topics for 2016. It ain't pretty.
Facebook is turning to its user base to help solve its clickbait and fake news problems.
Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube have agreed to share with one another identifying digital information of violent terror content that they find on their platforms.
Facebook has reportedly developed a software tool that will help keep certain content away from users’ news feeds in certain geographies, reflecting the company’s apparent willingness to meet Chinese government censorship demands part of the way.
Facebook may soon help you find the closest public Wi-Fi access point with a new feature in its mobile app.
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
Using fake Facebook accounts, we discovered that the content Facebook shows conservatives and liberals is significantly different, with far more spin and fake news pushed at Trump supporters.
Returning to the controversy over fake news on the social networking site, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said over the weekend that the company was working with fact-checking organizations to put in place third-party verification of the authenticity o...
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg described as “crazy” the criticism that fake news on its news feed to users had tilted the vote in the U.S. presidential election in favor of Donald Trump.
Here's how two of the world's largest social networks are thinking about their roles as purveyors of news following Donald Trump's election.
Facebook has succeeded in transmitting data at almost 20Gbps between two towers in Southern California in tests of a technology key to its plans to deliver internet service to rural areas using drones.
Facebook users will be able to record smartphone videos that ape the style of famous artworks with a new feature unveiled Tuesday. Using a technique called style transfer, the feature takes live video and turns it into something that resembles the wo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW