Facebook will launch a satellite later this week in an effort to bring Internet connectivity to parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
Facebook wants to make sure that any VR home movies shared on its social network won't make people puke. That's why the company is building a new video stabilization algorithm that will help smooth out all of the bumps and shakes that come from wield...
After taking heat earlier this year over allegations of political bias, Facebook announced that it's replacing fallible humans with new algorithms to select items for its "Trending" topics feature.
Facebook employees will still screen trending topics for newsworthiness, the company notes.
Facebook has released a new stand-alone app, called Lifestage, that lets young users share videos with other people in their schools.
Bots are all the rage. Here's what real estate tech company Trulia learned from building one.
It didn't take long for Adblock Plus to skirt Facebook's ad blocker-blocking force field.
The network is giving you more control over the ads you see, but now you can't avoid them.
After Instagram introduced Stories, Facebook begins testing more familiar features in its all-out attack against Snapchat.
Social media's brightest stars have aligned for the Rio 2016 Olympics. Here's how to follow all the teams, games and athletes, and find behind-the-scenes action and exclusive footage on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
Tired of misleading headlines? Facebook's new clickbait filter aims to clear them up.
Apple, Facebook and Google each reported earnings this week, and though the results varied, they also reaffirmed the scale and industry-wide impact of these massive tech companies.
First there was Memories, then there was Friends Day, and now there's Facebook's Birthday Videos.
Facebook ramped up its open-source initiative in 2016, and the company has already seen a 35 percent increase in followers.
A new report spotlights the challenges publishing companies grapple with on Facebook as the social giant continues to gain power over publishers even as it regularly changes policies and causes confusion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBizTalk Developer X3VIC
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Technical Consultant (Dynamics AX)QLD