Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner has agreed to investigate a complaint alleging that Facebook gave U.S. intelligence agencies bulk access to its users' personal data.
Facebook will now warn people if it has a strong suspicion an account is being targeted by a nation-state.
As part of its push to deliver free basic Internet services to developing countries, Facebook has teamed with Eutelsat to rent the entire capacity of the AMOS-6 broadband satellite to deliver connectivity to Africa.
Facebook is making changes to its Pages service to attract more businesses, in part by giving them a new way to showcase their products.
It'll now be easier for the 300 million users of the popular Instagram photo-sharing app to share private messages.
Earlier this week, one billion people logged into Facebook in a single day, marking a new milestone for the social network.
Facebook is improving its technology to better identify videos uploaded to its site without the permission of copyright holders.
When it comes to questions asked online, which ones are best handled by a machine, and which ones require human intervention? Facebook thinks it can perform the triage with M, its new personal digital assistant.
Facebook reveals techniques it used to reduced the number of elusive memory errors that would crash its iOS app
Facebook has released as open source a library it uses to generate code, called Codegen, providing a way for outside programmers to automate some of the routine work they do when creating large programs.
Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and Microsoft will take a new step toward combating the spread of child pornography, by blocking images identified in partnership with an industry group.
By resorting to unconventional engineering, Facebook saves users in developing countries precious bandwidth while still offering them a close-to-optimal Facebook experience.
Facebook is giving businesses more reasons to use Facebook Messenger to reach customers.
Earlier this month, a security vulnerability in Adobe Flash compelled Google and Mozilla to temporarily block the plug-in from their browsers. Now, Facebook says the problems with Flash could hurt its bottom line.
Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- A hacker wants to sell 10 million US patient records on a black market
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW