The migration toward software-defined networks will move faster than carriers' migration to IP (Internet Protocol) in the late 1990s, Facebook's former technical operations chief said Wednesday.
For Google+ to unseat Facebook as social networking leader, Google would have to deliver a steady stream of innovations and Facebook would need to let its site deteriorate, Internet icon and Facebook shareholder Sean Parker said on Monday.
This year's Web 2.0 Summit will focus on the critical role that online data plays in the Internet economy and on how its use and misuse can make the difference between success and failure in markets like online gaming, Web advertising, search, social...
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
After months of rumors and speculation, Facebook launched an updated version of its iOS app on Monday with iPad support.
Traffic hit near-record levels on Twitter on Wednesday after news spread of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' death.
Members of a hacking think-tank called Blackhat Academy claim that Facebook's URL scanning systems can be tricked into thinking malicious pages are clean by using simple content cloaking techniques.
Facebook is ignoring a serious shortcoming in the way it limits application developers' access to information about Facebook users, according to a pair of hackers.
A brokerage and investment banking firm downgraded Google from "buy" to "hold" because of the growing threat from social media companies like Facebook.
The Internet and social networks like Facebook and Twitter immediately lit up Wednesday night with the news of the death of Apple Chairman Steve Jobs.
Antivirus vendor Trend Micro has recently detected a drive-by download attack on Facebook that used malicious advertisements to infect users with malware.
With Facebook's constant stream of changes, keeping up with your privacy settings can be daunting. Here's a rundown of the newest features, what the changes mean to your privacy and how to update your settings.
Facebook has partnered with security vendor Websense to protect its users from third-party malicious URLs spammed on the social networking website, the companies said on Monday.
Facebook's data retention practices are under investigation by Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner following a series of complaints filed by a European group critical of the social networking site.
Facebook's tracking technology has landed the social network in hot water, with two lawmakers calling for a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT