Facebook is declaring early success for the new functionality on its site that lets members notify their friends what songs they're listening to online and makes it possible for notification recipients to play back those songs from within the Faceboo...
MediaTek, a designer of software and chipsets for low-end phones, will work with Facebook on a social networking application for feature phones, the chip company said on Tuesday.
While Google officials, from CEO Larry Page on down, are all aflutter over Google+, Mark Zuckerberg views Google's new social networking site as "their own little version of Facebook."
Owners of HTC phones will have to wait until early 2012 for their device's mobile OS to be upgraded to Google’s Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Facebook will not be targeted by Anonymous on Saturday, the hacking group said in one of its Twitter accounts, again distancing itself from a threat that has gotten broad publicity since it surfaced several months ago.
A German data protection authority contends Facebook is tracking users even after they delete their accounts, and it wants the company to respond to this potential privacy violation by Monday.
It's clear that companies are increasingly using social networking to connect with customers--Facebook said brands on its site get 100 million "likes" per day--but it's also clear that they are having varying degrees of success.
Facebook's fake account detection mechanisms can be defeated 80 percent of the time with the help of automated tools, researchers from the University of British Columbia (UBC) have found after an eight-week test.
Facebook has apparently fixed a vulnerability in its social-networking site after insisting it wasn't a weakness and didn't need to be remedied.
Facebook plans to shut down the Beluga mobile messaging application it acquired earlier this year, after launching a similar, native service called Facebook Messenger that's based in part on the Beluga technology.
Facebook downplayed an alleged vulnerability in its social-networking site that could allow a hacker to send a potentially malicious file to anyone on Facebook.
By launching the Open Compute Project as a stand-alone foundation, Facebook is hoping to further standardize the market for data center equipment, thereby reducing costs and vendor lock-in, the new foundation's board members said at a press conferenc...
New social engineering attacks are tricking Facebook users into exposing anti-CSRF tokens associated with their sessions. These security codes allow attackers to make unauthorized requests through the victim's browser.
A security penetration tester discovered a major flaw in Facebook that could allow a person to send anyone on the social-networking site malicious applications.
Facebook has begun building a data center in Lulea, Sweden, where it will benefit from cheap electricity and year-round free air cooling, the company announced Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Insight AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT