When I returned from my honeymoon at the end of August, I read that Facebook had finally taken a long-overdue step toward regaining the trust of its users by simplifying its privacy settings.
Facebook has developed new features designed to make it easier for its members to segment their list of friends into smaller groups and in that way be more granular in how they share and view content.
The Cloud is falling! The Cloud is falling! No, seriously. It keeps falling. If it's not Google Docs or Gmail, it's Microsoft's Office 365, Hotmail, and SkyDrive. The issues encountered over the past week or so - and the sporadic-but-too-frequent-to-...
If you have a dollar to spare you can get in on the ground floor of <a href="https://mightybell.com/home">MightyBell</a>, a new social network company spearheaded by Gina Bianchini, formerly head of social website company Ning.
It has been widely accepted by both employees and organizations that what you say on a social media networkabout a company where you're working could get you fired. A recent decision by a judge in New York may have changed all that after he ordered f...
With Zagat's restaurant reviewing operation now in its arsenal, Google is in a position to radically change the daily deals market.
Facebook's willingness to agree to a voluntary code of conduct in Germany to protect users' data shows it is mindful of how the culture there contrasts with that in the U.S.
For years, Facebook users have been clamoring for better privacy controls and clarity, while Facebook engineers oscillate between improvements and major privacy snafus. Every now and then a new wave of exasperated users cry out "That's it, I'm leavin...
Google+ is trying to help users expand their Circles by offering them a new Suggested User list. The only problem is that some users are taking exception to what they're calling an elitist system.
Google is trimming its offerings, following a season of big changes for the Internet search leader.
Move over, RockMelt. You don't need a dedicated social networking browser to stay überconnected. Here are 10 Firefox add-ons (all compatible with the latest version of Firefox) that will turn your browser into a social butterfly.
Three weeks after launching a bug bounty program that pays Web hackers cash for finding flaws with its website, Facebook said it has paid out more than $US40,000 in rewards.
Facebook has decided to shut down its Deals feature after testing it for several months with big name brands like Gap, Starbucks, Macy's, JCPenney and American Eagle Outfitters.
Want to ignore that one cousin or co-worker who's bugging you on Google+? Now the new social networking site is giving you an option to do just that.
As soon as the news hit late Wednesday that Steve Jobs was resigning as Apple's CEO, social networks heated up with traffic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA