Microsoft today launched a $250,000 contest for researchers who develop defensive security technologies that deal with entire classes of exploits.
A Japanese city is the first in the country to replace its public website with a Facebook page, as officials stressed the open nature of the social network as their main motivation.
Facebook has acquired Push Pop Press, a start-up that has developed software for creating highly interactive digital books, for an undisclosed amount.
Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
I had to laugh when I read about Facebook's latest effort to woo businesses. While Facebook wants to look like its well ahead of Google + in the commercial uses of social networking, its track record of dealing with users suggests that businesses sho...
Facebook's move today to follow Google, Mozilla and Hewlett-Packard in offering bounties for bugs got a unanimous thumbs up from security researchers.
As the world's largest social network, Facebook accumulates more data in a single day than many good size companies generate in a year.
Facebook is going to pay hackers to find problems with its website -- just so long as they report them to Facebook's security team first.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
A group of 29 US universities has banded together in an effort to accelerate ultra-high-speed broadband deployment to their campuses and surrounding communities, organiSers announced on Wednesday.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
Yesterday, after Facebook accidentally leaked their long-overdue official iPad app, the blogosphere erupted with instructions on how to unlock the hidden app. Facebook quickly responded by blocking Facebook for iPad. Clearly there is a lot of interes...
How would you handle giving up your Internet connection -- your Facebook friends, Twitter, online news and shopping -- for just a single day?
When Google+ first launched, most people saw it, correctly, as a competitor to Facebook. But as you try Google's social network, you realize that it has a lot in common with Twitter too. That versatility could be Google's strength -- but it could be ...
Mango, the latest version of the Windows Phone mobile operating system, was released to manufacturers Tuesday, Microsoft said in a blog.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW