With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
A small number of Internet users will experience delays or time-outs as they attempt to visit Facebook, Google, Yahoo and other popular websites tonight and tomorrow, due to a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6.
After helping to hatch the plan for World IPv6 Day set for Wednesday, a senior network engineer at Facebook is raring to test the site's reworked network.
Hundreds of popular websites -- including Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Bing -- are participating in a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6 on June 8, prompting worries that hackers will exploit weaknesses in this emerging technology to...
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
University of California, San Diego researchers next week plan to demonstrate a solid state storage device that uses phase-change memory to blow away traditional hard drives and even newer flash drives.
Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are trying to bring another Facebook-ownership lawsuit to a close. The social networking site filed a motion Thursday asking a federal judge to order Paul Ceglia to turn over evidence which Facebook says will prove that h...
Google is rolling out its +1 recommend button across third-party web sites, as well as to Google properties, a day after Twitter introduced a "Follow" button for third-party sites.
When former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage at the AllThingsD conference, it was almost guaranteed that he would blurt out something controversial. But Schmidt didn't go over the top -- he did, however, admit that Google "screwed up" on its so...
Facebook seems unable to stop scammers from circulating malicious Web links that install fake antivirus software on victims' computers.
Mark Zuckerberg has conquered the world and made half a billion friends along the way, and now he wants to conquer his own dinner. The <a href="https://www.facebook.com/markzuckerberg">Facebook founder</a> recently made the bizarre declaration that h...
A security researcher has discovered a means of hijacking sensitive information from cookies in Internet Explorer. The 'cookiejacking' technique could expose credentials from Facebook, Twitter, Gmaiil, or other online services, but Microsoft doesn't ...
Twitter is finally acquiring the third-party Tweet organizer TweetDeck, for the neat (rumored) sum of $40 million. But what does this mean for small businesses that use Twitter?
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Wednesday he's not actively working to allow kids under 13 on the social networking site, that Facebook isn't developing any gadgets and he's too young to worry about his legacy.
Over the weekend Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made comments suggesting he wants to get younger kids using the social networking site. Zuckerberg framed Facebook as a tool to help educate children about using the internet before suggested that COPPA, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperSA
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Java/Oracle) 161102/SSA/624Asia
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia