The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
California is considering legislation that would tighten Facebook's privacy practices, and the social network is not happy about it.
Hold on to your hat. The first of the social networking sites is about to launch its initial public offering, or IPO.
Dell has teased its upcoming XPS 15z ultra-thin laptop on Facebook, posting photos and a video to pique consumer interest. The 15.6-inch laptop sports a slim and streamlined design and, like the late Dell Adamo, is meant to take on the MacBook Air.
Microsoft has unveiled a deeper conglomerate of Bing and Facebook that harvests the power of the social Web, one year after forming a partnership to take "social search" to the next level.
When Facebook built its first company-owned data center in Prineville, Oregon, designing and managing the facility was only part of the challenge. In a blog post Monday, the company explained how it had to stress-test its entire software infrastructu...
Microsoft has incorporated more Facebook data into its Bing search results, increasing the competition around social search with Google, whose level of access to Facebook data is not as deep.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter open threats to sensitive corporate data that businesses need to deal with aggressively, Interop attendees were told.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
One day after Symantec uncovered an alleged privacy breach, Facebook released four new features to its security suite, unrelated to the discovery.
Earlier this week reports surfaced that Facebook had hired PR firm Burson-Marsteller to run a "smear campaign" against Google.
To help its hundreds of millions of users prevent unauthorized access to their accounts, Facebook has added an optional verification step to its log-in process.
Thanks to an anti-Google smear campaign ordered by Facebook and carried out by a PR agency, the relationship between Facebook and Google is unquestionably broken beyond repair. And that's bad news for users of both services.
Facebook has been caught hiring a well-known PR firm to plant anti-Google stories in the media.
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW