Hundreds of popular websites -- including Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Bing -- are participating in a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6 on June 8, prompting worries that hackers will exploit weaknesses in this emerging technology to...
A 26-year-old U.K. man was arrested Thursday on charges that he tried to hack into the Facebook social-networking site.
University of California, San Diego researchers next week plan to demonstrate a solid state storage device that uses phase-change memory to blow away traditional hard drives and even newer flash drives.
Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are trying to bring another Facebook-ownership lawsuit to a close. The social networking site filed a motion Thursday asking a federal judge to order Paul Ceglia to turn over evidence which Facebook says will prove that h...
Google is rolling out its +1 recommend button across third-party web sites, as well as to Google properties, a day after Twitter introduced a "Follow" button for third-party sites.
When former Google CEO Eric Schmidt took the stage at the AllThingsD conference, it was almost guaranteed that he would blurt out something controversial. But Schmidt didn't go over the top -- he did, however, admit that Google "screwed up" on its so...
Facebook seems unable to stop scammers from circulating malicious Web links that install fake antivirus software on victims' computers.
Mark Zuckerberg has conquered the world and made half a billion friends along the way, and now he wants to conquer his own dinner. The <a href="https://www.facebook.com/markzuckerberg">Facebook founder</a> recently made the bizarre declaration that h...
A security researcher has discovered a means of hijacking sensitive information from cookies in Internet Explorer. The 'cookiejacking' technique could expose credentials from Facebook, Twitter, Gmaiil, or other online services, but Microsoft doesn't ...
Twitter is finally acquiring the third-party Tweet organizer TweetDeck, for the neat (rumored) sum of $40 million. But what does this mean for small businesses that use Twitter?
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Wednesday he's not actively working to allow kids under 13 on the social networking site, that Facebook isn't developing any gadgets and he's too young to worry about his legacy.
Over the weekend Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made comments suggesting he wants to get younger kids using the social networking site. Zuckerberg framed Facebook as a tool to help educate children about using the internet before suggested that COPPA, ...
Sony's security woes are continuing unabated as two more hacking groups today claim to have broken into the company's networks.
Facebook will use PhotoDNA, an image analysis technology co-invented by Microsoft, to find child pornography on its site, the company <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pFMV8rl_2Y">said on Thursday in a Youtube video.</a>
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW