Online malicious activity was a major headache in 2010, and so far, 2011 is no different: We've seen scams and malware on Twitter, Facebook, and the Android Market, as well as a rise in politically motivated online attacks. But that's no surprise to ...
Facebook, as widely popular as it is as a social networking site, is looking to break out of its niche. In doing so, it would like to take a defensive swing at Google.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his longtime girlfriend, Priscilla Chan, adopted a puppy named Beast and have given him a Facebook fan page.
As if users needed another reason to spend more time on Facebook, Warner Bros. has started offering movies to rent or buy and view on the site.
I was pleasantly surprised during an online presentation about Salesforce.com's Service Cloud 3. At first glance, it looks like a simple and powerful customer relationship management (CRM) tool that takes advantage of social networking to help connec...
Facebook recently announced a messaging product that promises seamless messaging, conversation history and a social in-box, nothing short of a new way to communicate, regardless of the channel —SMS, e-mail, IM or chat. The Social Inbox will only cont...
In traditional media, having your TV show go from No. 1 to being shut down indefinitely is bad news, especially when paired with allegedly drug-induced public rants. But on the Web, it spells winning (or, more aptly, #winning) and it's that wave of I...
Salesforce.com is deepening the integration between its CRM (customer relationship management) and customer service software with the explosively popular social-networking site Facebook, Salesforce.com will announce on Thursday at an event in New Yor...
Facebook has acquired the mobile messaging company Beluga, according to a note on Beluga's website. Financial details were not disclosed.
Gmail is hard at work restoring service to about 40,000 Gmail users after a software bug deleted their e-mail messages, folders, labels and filters. So, while things are looking good for those users affected by the bug, this episode proves, once agai...
Spammers are moving on from mass e-mail blasts to targeted attacks using social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, Cisco security executive Tom Gillis said Monday.
A Facebook plug-in for website publishers that lets them add comment boards to their pages has been revamped with more granular controls for moderating discussions and a more fine-tuned relevance algorithm for ordering posts.
The Twitter account used to promote Microsoft's Bing search engine went slightly bonkers Monday afternoon, posting a deluge of pre-Oscar party photos.
The founder of RealNetworks has launched a new social video service that connects with Facebook and lets users chat with multiple friends at once.
Facebook has made a subtle but important change to the functionality of its Like button that will transform the way you share on the site and on the Web as a whole.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia