Twitter is finally acquiring the third-party Tweet organizer TweetDeck, for the neat (rumored) sum of $40 million. But what does this mean for small businesses that use Twitter?
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Wednesday he's not actively working to allow kids under 13 on the social networking site, that Facebook isn't developing any gadgets and he's too young to worry about his legacy.
Over the weekend Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made comments suggesting he wants to get younger kids using the social networking site. Zuckerberg framed Facebook as a tool to help educate children about using the internet before suggested that COPPA, ...
Sony's security woes are continuing unabated as two more hacking groups today claim to have broken into the company's networks.
Facebook will use PhotoDNA, an image analysis technology co-invented by Microsoft, to find child pornography on its site, the company <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pFMV8rl_2Y">said on Thursday in a Youtube video.</a>
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
Google will not be building a facial recognition search system, even though facial recognition technology is quickly advancing. According to The Telegraph, Google's executive chairman, Eric Schmidt, believes the "surprising accuracy" of facial recog...
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
California is considering legislation that would tighten Facebook's privacy practices, and the social network is not happy about it.
Hold on to your hat. The first of the social networking sites is about to launch its initial public offering, or IPO.
Dell has teased its upcoming XPS 15z ultra-thin laptop on Facebook, posting photos and a video to pique consumer interest. The 15.6-inch laptop sports a slim and streamlined design and, like the late Dell Adamo, is meant to take on the MacBook Air.
Microsoft has unveiled a deeper conglomerate of Bing and Facebook that harvests the power of the social Web, one year after forming a partnership to take "social search" to the next level.
When Facebook built its first company-owned data center in Prineville, Oregon, designing and managing the facility was only part of the challenge. In a blog post Monday, the company explained how it had to stress-test its entire software infrastructu...
Microsoft has incorporated more Facebook data into its Bing search results, increasing the competition around social search with Google, whose level of access to Facebook data is not as deep.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter open threats to sensitive corporate data that businesses need to deal with aggressively, Interop attendees were told.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT