PCs that are cooler, smaller and faster were announced by computer makers Sunday in advance of Computex, with the new machines featuring Intel's speedier fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell.
The early brunt of a hard-drive shortage resulting from widespread flooding in Thailand is falling on small PC makers, who are raising computer prices to stem losses.
Some PC makers are halting sales of PCs with Sandy Bridge processors as they try to work out issues related to Intel's faulty chipset, companies said on Wednesday.
PC makers on Monday launched desktops that incorporate the latest technologies to work alongside Intel's new Core i7 chips, which have received praise for their speedy performance.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.