With the right tools you can leave your phone on the desk more often when you're working or playing on a PC.
The Dropbox file-synchronisation service lets you access your files from anywhere, not just your computer, smartphone, and tablet, but also any Web browser. Here are five of our favourite ways to use it.
The demise of the Gnutella client, LimeWire (a study in 2008 showed it was still the number one peer-to-peer client eight years after was first released!), has us reminiscing about some of the popular file sharing applications of the past, which open...
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
Stephane Herry says that he founded his private file-sharing network GigaTribe out of frustration at not being able to share files with his friends on Kazaa. Every time he searched for a file that he knew a friend had uploaded, he saw only similar fi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW