With the right tools you can leave your phone on the desk more often when you're working or playing on a PC.
The Dropbox file-synchronisation service lets you access your files from anywhere, not just your computer, smartphone, and tablet, but also any Web browser. Here are five of our favourite ways to use it.
The demise of the Gnutella client, LimeWire (a study in 2008 showed it was still the number one peer-to-peer client eight years after was first released!), has us reminiscing about some of the popular file sharing applications of the past, which open...
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
Stephane Herry says that he founded his private file-sharing network GigaTribe out of frustration at not being able to share files with his friends on Kazaa. Every time he searched for a file that he knew a friend had uploaded, he saw only similar fi...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCSystems Engineer - Multiple RolesSA