In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
Even after cutting a damages award in a file-sharing case to one-tenth the original sum, a judge said Friday the new fine was still excessive.
One of the most popular engines for searching for movies and music distributed via BitTorrent has been ordered to remove links to illegally shared content, marking a victory for the entertainment industry.
Irish ISP Eircom launched a three-month pilot program on Monday that will see those who repeatedly share files under copyright cut off from their Internet service.
The Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, a group of U.S. lawmakers concerned with copyright infringement, has listed The Pirate Bay and five other Web sites as "notorious" file-sharing sites.
Lime Wire and its former CEO are liable for the copyright infringement executed by its users, a New York federal judge said on Tuesday.
New rumors are flying about the latest additions to iPhone OS 4.0, the latest iteration of the iPhone operating system scheduled for public release this summer. Based on the latest developer release, the upcoming OS will supposedly offer new features...
The student ordered to pay US$675,000 for sharing music online has asked for a new trial and for a reduction in the amount of damages he must pay.
House lawmakers introduced a bill that would restrict the use of peer-to-peer technology on government networks in response to several embarrassing data leaks.
The appeals of those convicted in April in the high-profile Pirate Bay copyright violations trial won't be heard until next year, the court said on Monday.
Driven by increased crackdowns on BitTorrent sites such as The Pirate Bay, software pirates are fast-moving their warez to file-hosting Web sites.
The stock of prospective Global Gaming Factory X (GGF) will from Wednesday be traded on Mangoldlistan, a Swedish exchange run by a securities brokerage company. But GGF's new home, on an exchange that lists only seven companies, hasn't answered any o...
The old news kiosk in the center of Weimar, Germany, doesn't sell newspapers any more, but you can find pointers to plenty of other media there.
Swedish ISP Black Internet has decided to appeal in the Stockholm district court the verdict that led to it closing file-sharing site The Pirate Bay's data connection.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC