The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (ACCC) Targeting Scams Report found in total, more than $229 million was lost to scams in 2015.
Westpac CIO, David Curran, predicts that more partnerships between big banks and smaller fintech startups will help to drive a new innovative working model.
An incompatibility with a software update and subsequent attempt to fix it were the root cause of glitch that forced a nearly four hour long suspension of trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
The New York Stock Exchange suffered its biggest outage in more than 10 years on Wednesday when an unspecified technical glitch forced a 3.5-hour long suspension of trading.
Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Heading into the heart of hurricane season 10 months after Sandy slammed the New York metropolitan area, Wall Street has had time to reassess and revamp backup plans.
PNC Financial Services is targeting 18- to 24-year-olds with its Virtual Wallet, a mobile and online banking service that is designed for people who are setting up their first bank accounts. Since the service launched in August 2008, PNC is averaging...
Whitepapers about finance
Outsourcing has become a critical component of management of financial institution operations. Consequently, the Office of the Controller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) recently issued guidance on how financial institutions should manage third-party risks. • Institutions are outsourcing increasingly complex and sensitive banking and financial operations to third parties • The guidance issued by each agency has particular relevance to outsourcing transactions and provides companies with a roadmap of the key areas of concern to regulators • Many of the suggestions in the OCC and FRB guidance concern provisions of outsourcing agreements where vendors often push back
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW