Dell on Thursday reported a sharp drop in revenue and profits for the third quarter as the weak PC market continued to weigh on its results.
The U.S. and China are likely to resolve the conflict over potential security threats from Huawei Technologies' network equipment without a trade war, Cisco Systems chairman and CEO John Chambers said on Tuesday.
Cisco Systems posted higher revenue and profit in its fiscal first quarter despite weak orders in Europe, as results in the U.S. were strong, the networking company reported on Tuesday.
Lenovo's net profit for the fiscal second quarter increased by only 13 per cent year-over-year, marking a shift from the high profit growth the company has previously seen.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a third-quarter loss and declining gross margins, as its cost-cutting program failed to keep up with declining sales of its network equipment and related services.
Wipro said Friday its IT services business grew only 4.6 percent in U.S. dollar terms in the quarter ending Sept. 30, a much slower rate of growth reflecting a weak global economy.
Sony on Thursday cut its global sales targets for key products including its PlayStation handheld consoles and TVs, but held to its goal of returning to profitability this year.
Japan's Softbank, which announced a US$20 billion deal to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel earlier this month, said it booked a record operating profit in its fiscal first half.
Japan's Panasonic said Wednesday it will end its brief return to the European smartphone market, pulling out less than a year after launching its first handset outside of Japan since 2005.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus saw major growth in its tablet shipments in the third quarter with the launch of Google's Nexus 7, and projects the shipments will reach at least 10 million units next year.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, said on Tuesday its net profit for the third quarter increased by 59.8 percent year over year on continued growth from advertising customers and improvements made to draw revenue from its online ad services.
Tech stocks were flat Friday afternoon after earnings announcements from IT vendors this week and a government economic report offered glimpses of good news, but not enough to dispel the pall that hangs over the technology market.
Amazon.com made a net loss in the third quarter, its first loss in nine years, even as revenue increased by 27 percent year on year.
Apple sold 27 million iPhones and 14 million iPads in the last quarter of 2012, swelling its revenue by 27 per cent, but its profits fell short of what analysts had been expecting.
Sprint Nextel's deployment of its ambitious Network Vision infrastructure, which includes the gradual rollout of 4G LTE technology, is about three months behind schedule due to several factors, the company said during its financial results call on Th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia