The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Tech stocks rose along with major indexes this week as central banks came up with a plan to ease market fears about European sovereign debt, and as key IT players including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco held conferences for developers, users and analys...
Cisco Systems emerged from 150 days of restructuring on Tuesday as an aggressive competitor, laying out some of the problems that led it to make changes, while saying its rivals are in even worse predicaments.
Cisco Systems Chairman and CEO John Chambers plans to stay on the job for at least three more years, he said Tuesday.
Hardware and components insiders are giving off mixed signals about how business will fare for the rest of the year.
Against a backdrop of economic uncertainty, acquisitions and earnings news from the world's top PC makers (Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Lenovo), the biggest Internet business (Google), and a major handset maker (Motorola Mobility) marked major realignme...
China Mobile, the world's largest mobile carrier, reported net profits rising by 6.3 percent for the first half of 2011, as the company had more customers surfing the Internet with its handsets.
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
Dell had strong profit growth in the second fiscal quarter of 2012, although the company's revenue was hurt by a drop in sales of storage and desktop products, the company said.
U.S. stock markets edged up for the day Friday afternoon, but fears of an economic slowdown and concerns about the debt crisis in Europe caused technology stocks to seesaw wildly along with shares of companies in other sectors this week.
Cisco's profit in its fiscal fourth quarter fell about one-third from a year earlier, while its sales increased only 3.3 percent, the company reported on Wednesday.
A July cyberattack on Booz Allen Hamilton will not materially harm the company's bottom line, its CEO said Tuesday.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
The acquisition of Zain's operations in 15 African countries and investment in 3G spectrum in India continued to be a drag on the profits of India's Bharti Airtel in the second quarter, the company said on Wednesday.
Ingram Micro's profits were dragged down for the second quarter in a row due to problems with an SAP implementation in Australia, the technology distributor said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW