The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Tech stocks rose along with major indexes this week as central banks came up with a plan to ease market fears about European sovereign debt, and as key IT players including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco held conferences for developers, users and analys...
Cisco Systems emerged from 150 days of restructuring on Tuesday as an aggressive competitor, laying out some of the problems that led it to make changes, while saying its rivals are in even worse predicaments.
Cisco Systems Chairman and CEO John Chambers plans to stay on the job for at least three more years, he said Tuesday.
Hardware and components insiders are giving off mixed signals about how business will fare for the rest of the year.
Against a backdrop of economic uncertainty, acquisitions and earnings news from the world's top PC makers (Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Lenovo), the biggest Internet business (Google), and a major handset maker (Motorola Mobility) marked major realignme...
China Mobile, the world's largest mobile carrier, reported net profits rising by 6.3 percent for the first half of 2011, as the company had more customers surfing the Internet with its handsets.
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
Dell had strong profit growth in the second fiscal quarter of 2012, although the company's revenue was hurt by a drop in sales of storage and desktop products, the company said.
U.S. stock markets edged up for the day Friday afternoon, but fears of an economic slowdown and concerns about the debt crisis in Europe caused technology stocks to seesaw wildly along with shares of companies in other sectors this week.
Cisco's profit in its fiscal fourth quarter fell about one-third from a year earlier, while its sales increased only 3.3 percent, the company reported on Wednesday.
A July cyberattack on Booz Allen Hamilton will not materially harm the company's bottom line, its CEO said Tuesday.
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
The acquisition of Zain's operations in 15 African countries and investment in 3G spectrum in India continued to be a drag on the profits of India's Bharti Airtel in the second quarter, the company said on Wednesday.
Ingram Micro's profits were dragged down for the second quarter in a row due to problems with an SAP implementation in Australia, the technology distributor said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW