Carol Bartz's compensation was slashed by 75 per cent in 2010, but the Yahoo CEO still managed to take home a hefty $11.9 million pay package. A year earlier, Bartz received compensation valued at $47.2 million, according to documents filed Friday wi...
Facebook earnings are growing faster than previously expected, and are on track to exceed US$2 billion this year, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Though there were some concerns about tech company earnings this week as Microsoft, SAP and other bellwethers reported results, the IT sector has helped drive markets to a solid start for the second quarter.
Problems with an SAP software implementation in Australia dragged down technology distributor Ingram Micro's first-quarter profits, the company said this week.
High Tech Computer (HTC) reported another massive revenue increase in the first quarter due to brisk sales of smartphones, with more growth expected in the current quarter as its Flyer tablet PC and two handset models with dedicated Facebook buttons ...
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
Research In Motion warned that its first-quarter smartphone shipments are likely to be lower than expected, cutting its earnings forecast for the quarter.
Motorola Mobility shipped 250,000 Xoom tablets in the first month the device was available, the company said on Thursday as part of its first-quarter earnings report.
Microsoft enjoyed strong income and revenue growth for its third fiscal quarter despite sluggish PC sales, with Xbox and Office doing well, the company reported Thursday.
Acer, the world's second largest PC maker, saw its revenue slump in the first quarter following a management shakeup and what it described as a seasonal lull in demand. The Taiwanese manufacturer is now counting on tablets to boost overall sales.
SAP saw revenue rise by 21 percent in the quarter ended March 31, with double-digit growth in all regions driven by increased software business from partners and the channel.
China's largest search engine, Baidu, reported strong revenue and profit growth in the first quarter, driven by "solid traffic growth" and measures to generate more revenue from the company's sites.
Wipro, India's third largest outsourcer, said on Wednesday that its IT services business had grown by 20 percent to US$1.4 billion for the quarter ended March 31, reflecting strong demand from outside the country for offshore services.
A Who's Who of IT bellwethers including Apple, IBM, Intel and Qualcomm issued strong financial reports this week, the height of earnings season, reinforcing forecasts for a strong year for the tech sector.
AMD posted gains in both revenue and profit in the first quarter, citing lower prices but higher unit sales of microprocessors compared with a year earlier.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Oppo R5: World's thinnest phone at 4.85mm coming to Australia
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW