Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Research In Motion missed analysts' lowered revenue forecasts for its fiscal first quarter and said its outlook for the second quarter was lower than expected, as it reported its first-quarter results Thursday.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Reporting strong growth as it expands into emerging markets, Lenovo said Thursday that for the quarter ending in March its net profit more than tripled, reaching US$42 million, while revenue increased 13 percent to $4.88 billion.
Sales and profits in Sony's core electronics business both rose last year, but the company recorded an overall net loss primarily due to a write-off of tax credits, it said Thursday.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz and co-founder Jerry Yang opened the company's investor meeting on Wednesday addressing head on the company's tussle with Alibaba Group over the latter's decision to spin off its online payment unit Alipay.
Indian outsourcer Satyam Computer Services went into loss again in the quarter ended March 31, after the company took a charge to settle a class-action lawsuit in the U.S., the company said Monday.
Sony expects the hack of the PlayStation Network and will cost it ¥14 billion (US$170 million) this financial year, it said Monday.
Excitement over LinkedIn's stunning market debut appears to have outweighed concerns this week about Hewlett-Packard and Dell earnings reports, which highlighted a desultory PC market.
The number of 3G cellular subscriptions in North Korea passed half a million during the first quarter, the country's only 3G cellular operator said this week.
Hewlett-Packard advanced to Tuesday morning the release of its results for its fiscal second quarter ended April 30, after an internal memo, warning of a tough current quarter, leaked to the media.
Dell is reporting some success in its struggle to retool itself as a cloud and enterprise services provider, even as the company's consumer business continues to decline.
Intel will dramatically shake up its microprocessor road map to meet the demand for very-low-power processors and to fend off the competitive threat from rival chip design company ARM, CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD