Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Research In Motion missed analysts' lowered revenue forecasts for its fiscal first quarter and said its outlook for the second quarter was lower than expected, as it reported its first-quarter results Thursday.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Reporting strong growth as it expands into emerging markets, Lenovo said Thursday that for the quarter ending in March its net profit more than tripled, reaching US$42 million, while revenue increased 13 percent to $4.88 billion.
Sales and profits in Sony's core electronics business both rose last year, but the company recorded an overall net loss primarily due to a write-off of tax credits, it said Thursday.
Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz and co-founder Jerry Yang opened the company's investor meeting on Wednesday addressing head on the company's tussle with Alibaba Group over the latter's decision to spin off its online payment unit Alipay.
Indian outsourcer Satyam Computer Services went into loss again in the quarter ended March 31, after the company took a charge to settle a class-action lawsuit in the U.S., the company said Monday.
Sony expects the hack of the PlayStation Network and will cost it ¥14 billion (US$170 million) this financial year, it said Monday.
Excitement over LinkedIn's stunning market debut appears to have outweighed concerns this week about Hewlett-Packard and Dell earnings reports, which highlighted a desultory PC market.
The number of 3G cellular subscriptions in North Korea passed half a million during the first quarter, the country's only 3G cellular operator said this week.
Hewlett-Packard advanced to Tuesday morning the release of its results for its fiscal second quarter ended April 30, after an internal memo, warning of a tough current quarter, leaked to the media.
Dell is reporting some success in its struggle to retool itself as a cloud and enterprise services provider, even as the company's consumer business continues to decline.
Intel will dramatically shake up its microprocessor road map to meet the demand for very-low-power processors and to fend off the competitive threat from rival chip design company ARM, CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC