Hewlett-Packard reported a slight uptick in revenue for the second calendar quarter as its PC sales increased again.
It's not surprising that former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer abruptly gave up his board seat some six months after leaving the top job, and the move should help cement the regime and strategy of his successor Satya Nadella, according to several indust...
Lenovo's growing presence in PCs and smartphones helped the company's net profit grow 23 percent in the second quarter.
Cisco Systems will cut as many as 6000 jobs over the next 12 months, saying it needs to shift resources to growing businesses such as cloud, software and security.
Cisco Systems posted fiscal fourth-quarter revenue and earnings that were roughly flat from a year earlier as the company works through what Chairman and CEO John Chambers called "a tough environment."
Struggling PC maker Acer is showing signs of recovery with its report of improved profits in the second quarter, albeit on a smaller revenue base than a year earlier.
The hit PlayStation 4 game console and PS4 network revenue helped power Sony to a net profit of ¥26.8 billion (US$261 million) in the April to June quarter, a jump up from ¥3.1 billion a year earlier.
Twitter more than doubled its sales in the second quarter, the company reported Tuesday, showing a strong advertising business.
Rimini Street is continuing to rapidly grow revenue for its third-party software support business despite its ongoing litigation with Oracle.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has dropped its investigation into disclosures about Facebook advertising sales before the company went public in 2012.
Chinese search giant, Baidu, reported a 34 per,cent jump in profit for the second quarter, with mobile ad sales accounting for almost a third of revenue for the first time.
A majority of AT&T's new smartphone customers are now choosing a plan where they pay for their phones over time, helping to drive strong second-quarter financial results, the carrier said.
Facebook's quarterly sales rose 61 per cent on the strength of mobile advertising, the company said Wednesday.
Microsoft paid more than $US7 billion for Nokia's handset and services business, and the jury is still out as to what it means for its future. In the past quarter it boosted Microsoft's revenue but also ate into its profit.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTEAM Delivery Manager - SAPNSW
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge DatacentreVIC
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTPolicy & Programme OfficerACT
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW