Hewlett-Packard reported a slight uptick in revenue for the second calendar quarter as its PC sales increased again.
It's not surprising that former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer abruptly gave up his board seat some six months after leaving the top job, and the move should help cement the regime and strategy of his successor Satya Nadella, according to several indust...
Lenovo's growing presence in PCs and smartphones helped the company's net profit grow 23 percent in the second quarter.
Cisco Systems will cut as many as 6000 jobs over the next 12 months, saying it needs to shift resources to growing businesses such as cloud, software and security.
Cisco Systems posted fiscal fourth-quarter revenue and earnings that were roughly flat from a year earlier as the company works through what Chairman and CEO John Chambers called "a tough environment."
Struggling PC maker Acer is showing signs of recovery with its report of improved profits in the second quarter, albeit on a smaller revenue base than a year earlier.
The hit PlayStation 4 game console and PS4 network revenue helped power Sony to a net profit of ¥26.8 billion (US$261 million) in the April to June quarter, a jump up from ¥3.1 billion a year earlier.
Twitter more than doubled its sales in the second quarter, the company reported Tuesday, showing a strong advertising business.
Rimini Street is continuing to rapidly grow revenue for its third-party software support business despite its ongoing litigation with Oracle.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has dropped its investigation into disclosures about Facebook advertising sales before the company went public in 2012.
Chinese search giant, Baidu, reported a 34 per,cent jump in profit for the second quarter, with mobile ad sales accounting for almost a third of revenue for the first time.
A majority of AT&T's new smartphone customers are now choosing a plan where they pay for their phones over time, helping to drive strong second-quarter financial results, the carrier said.
Facebook's quarterly sales rose 61 per cent on the strength of mobile advertising, the company said Wednesday.
Microsoft paid more than $US7 billion for Nokia's handset and services business, and the jury is still out as to what it means for its future. In the past quarter it boosted Microsoft's revenue but also ate into its profit.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business Project Manager Financial PlanningVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD