Fidelity National Information Services is buying financial software vendor SunGard for US$9.1 billion to broaden its range of enterprise banking and capital market offerings.
Workday has long been known for its financial and HR software, and on Tuesday it rolled out a new enterprise offering that spans both areas with a focus on planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Anyone who's ever worked in professional services knows that the focus there on people and billable projects can open up a world of specialized requirements from any supporting business software. With that very distinction in mind, Workday on Thursda...
Hard on the heels of the recent announcement of its next-generation S/4Hana enterprise software platform, SAP has unveiled a new sSoftware-as-a-Service application aimed at finance professionals but delivering a consumer-like experience.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
Workday has made good on a promise it issued a year ago with the release Thursday of Workday Student Recruiting, the first in a series of apps it's developing for higher education institutions.
Infor is hoping to elbow its way into Workday's turf with an upcoming cloud-based financial software suite dubbed Financials Xi.
SAP is taking a big step into SaaS with Simple Finance, a set of applications based on its in-memory Hana Enterprise Cloud platform.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
The operator of an independent website aimed at helping users of J.D. Edwards enterprise resource planning software has shut it down after Oracle alleged the site infringed on its copyrights.
Independent Oracle and SAP support provider Rimini Street will now offer integration services for customers who want to adopt SaaS (software-as-a-service) offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Workday.
Workday is launching a reworked user interface for its cloud-based HCM (human capital management) and financial software that it believes will appeal to employees of all ages, from millennials to workers who remember the days of green-screen terminal...
Users of the online version of Intuit's popular QuickBooks small-business accounting software may find their workdays becoming a bit easier to manage, thanks to a new user interface and mobile application support.
Workday has unveiled a new software module for its cloud-based HCM (human capital management) application that allows customers to analyze data from both Workday and third-party sources.
A COBOL (common business oriented language)-based system used to support New York's US$160 billion state pension fund has become the subject of controversy, with some officials claiming it poses a potential security risk and others defending it as "b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC