Microsoft has taken steps to stop a China-based hacking group from using its TechNet website as part of its attack infrastructure, according to security vendor FireEye.
Cybercriminals are increasingly copying cyberespionage groups in using targeted attacks against their victims instead of large-scale, indiscriminate infection campaigns.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with computer security company FireEye to give it a technological edge in detecting and investigating cyberattacks.
A fresh attack by a long-known hacking group suspected to be linked with Russia did little to mask its activity in an attack a week ago.
An otherwise unremarkable hacking group likely aligned with China appears to be one of the first to have targeted so-called air-gapped networks that are not directly connected to the Internet, according to FireEye.
Cybercriminals are exploiting newly patched vulnerabilities faster, a sign that users and companies need to improve their software updating habits.
Attackers who penetrate company networks often pose as legitimate users for long periods of time, causing lengthy delays before victims figure out they've been hacked.
A malware program designed for Linux systems, including embedded devices with ARM architecture, uses a sophisticated kernel rootkit that's custom built for each infection.
Syrian opposition leaders lost gigabytes of secret communications and battlefield plans to hackers who baited them into downloading malware during flirtatious Skype chats, according to a report released Sunday.
Security researchers have discovered a vulnerability in iPhones and iPads that allows attackers to install fake apps that take the place of legitimate ones.
Hackers targeted an unclassified White House network in recent weeks but did not damage any systems, according to news reports.
A coalition of security vendors has disrupted the activities of a sophisticated group of attackers tied to China that, over the past six years, infiltrated the computers of many Fortune 500 companies, journalists, environmental groups, software compa...
Russia is likely behind a long-running computer spying campaign, although the stealthy attacks leave fewer clues than other state-sponsored attacks, according to a new report from FireEye.
A group of security companies say a collaborative effort has helped counter several hacking tools used by a China-based group most known for provoking strong condemnation from Google four years ago.
FireEye has detected Shellshock attacks against network-attached storage devices made by Taipei-based QNAP and used by universities and research institutes in Korea, Japan and the U.S.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT