Kaspersky Lab on Wednesday made its bid to reduce the complexity associated with managing IT security processes in corporate environments, with a new product that combines the company's anti-malware technology with new mobile and system management to...
Tens of millions of network-enabled devices including routers, printers, media servers, IP cameras, smart TVs and more can be attacked over the Internet because of dangerous flaws in their implementation of the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) protocol...
A new Trojan program that displays rogue advertisements during browsing sessions uses a DNS-based email validation protocol called the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) in order to receive instructions from attackers without being detected, according to ...
A variety of networking and security appliances from Barracuda Networks contain backdoor accounts that could allow attackers to log in remotely over SSH (Secure Shell) and gain administrative, or root, access on the devices.
6Scan, a Web security startup based in Tel Aviv, Israel, launched a new service on Tuesday that can scan websites for security issues, like vulnerabilities and malware infections, and allows their owners to automatically fix the identified problems.
Some cloud providers fail to detect and block malicious traffic originating from their networks, which provides cybercriminals with an opportunity to launch attacks in a botnet-like fashion, according to a report from Australian security consultancy ...
WatchGuard's latest security appliance, the XTM 330, allows business travelers from small enterprises to use their iPads or iPhones to communicate securely with the office, the vendor said on Tuesday.
Twitter may be planning to boost its mobile security options with the acquisition of Whisper Systems, a company that offers security products for Android phones.
At a time when the cyberthreat level is at its peak, many federal agencies continue to struggle with IT security.
Network security pros think use of social media at work is good for business, but also creates risks they don't have the tools to address, according to a Ponemon Institute survey.
The past couple of weeks have not been the best for Mac OS X's security reputation.
Established vendors and startups last week announced products and services for network intrusion-detection and outsourced security management.
The tools used to ring up sales have come a long way since the cash register. The first point-of-sale (POS) software for Microsoft Windows emerged in the early 1990s. POS systems have since evolved from souped-up cash registers that did nothing more ...
The hacking group Anonymous has waged a full-on war on BART, the San Francisco subway system, over cellular shutdowns to stifle protests. Following two demonstrations that led to temporary station closures, hacking and posting personal information of...
LAS VEGAS -- Anonymous has run up quite a score against corporations, governments and law enforcement agencies, but for all these warnings corporate executives are turning their heads from the real problem -- their network security is terrible, a pan...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW