Every company in every conceivable industry is compromised by hackers - or will be shortly - according to a report from McAfee, a major maker of cybersecurity software.
Cybercrime cost corporations 56 percent more this year than last, according to an annual study from the Ponemon Institute and sponsored by ArcSight, an HP company.
UK police may not have gotten their guy when they arrested a 19-year-old Scotsman believed to be LulzSec spokesman "Topiary." The website LulzSecExposed, which is run by LulzSec detractors and aims to expose the identities of the hackers, says it bel...
With all the hundreds of Linux distributions already available for practically every niche and purpose, users of the open source operating system are accustomed to having a wealth of choices. Recently, however, the set of options got even bigger than...
Our critical infrastructure is an attractive target for enemy nations, terrorist groups, or even run-of-the-mill cyber criminals, and many security experts believe that it is not remotely protected against cyber attacks. The SCADA systems that manage...
LulzSec has been making headlines on a virtually daily basis for a month or so now. The hacker group has compromised servers and exposed sensitive information from targets ranging from Sony, to PBS, to the FBI, and has even set up a hotline to take r...
The recent online intrusion into International Monetary Fund servers may have been the work of malicious hackers working for a foreign government, according to online reports.
Arrests in Spain related to the Sony Playstation Network hacking case have computer users wondering whether the loosely organized Anonymous hacker coalition is weakened -- or merely irritated by being busted.
Nintendo reports that a Web server for its U.S. unit was hacked. The attack on Nintendo shows that this new era of hacking isn't going to end any time soon, and should serve as a wakeup call for other companies that were hoping this was purely a Sony...
LulzSec, a hacking group that recently made news for hacking into PBS, claimed today that it has broken into several Sony Pictures websites and accessed unencrypted personal information on over 1 million people.
Lockheed Martin’s has “major internal computer network problems,” that one security blogger is linking to compromised RSA tokens, according to published reports.
The European Union's top legislator on digital issues has said that education and awareness are the best way to protect children online, dealing a blow to plans for a so-called European Union firewall.
Four out of the five vendors shown last month by testing company NSS Labs to suffer a security flaw in their high-end firewalls have since patched their products, including two companies that disputed the issue at the time.
Sony can't seem to catch a break these days when it comes to hack attacks.
Sony is reneging on a promise to reboot its PlayStation Network and start bringing its 77 million customers back online anytime soon. Sony posted an update to its PlayStation blog Friday stating it was "unaware of the extent of the (network) attack" ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSolution Architect / Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Designer - more experience will be considered as SeniorAsia
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- FTDigital StrategistACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experienceACT
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer : Mainframe (Perth Based)VIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD