Sony tried to calm customer fears by stating that the credit card data was encrypted, but attackers claim to already be selling that credit card data online. Either one of these parties is stretching the truth, or encrypting data doesn't offer the le...
Sony PlayStation Network users are reporting fraud on their credit cards -- everything from a flight booked in Germany to purchases in Japanese grocery stores.
Sony is still investigating the security breach that downed its PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services, but expects the gaming network will be back in operation this week, a company exec told media Sunday afternoon in Tokyo.
Sony has admitted that account details, logins and online IDs for registered Sony PlayStation Network users, as many as 77 million people, have been compromised. The information was stolen sometime between April 17 and 19, according to a Sony blog po...
Do you know what your employees are doing on the Web? At a minimum, they're probably goofing off watching YouTube videos. At worst, they could be steering your company toward financial ruin. In this quick guide, I'll show you how to keep an eye on em...
Apparently, NSS Labs struck a nerve. NSS Labs revealed that almost all of the firewalls it tested for a recent report are susceptible to crash or compromise using common attacks. The firewall vendors in question, though, beg to differ and take except...
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
The firewall is the line of defense separating the internal network or endpoint PC from all of the malicious bad stuff "out there". A new report from <a href="http://www.nsslabs.com/">NSS Labs</a>, though, finds that a majority of network firewalls a...
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has published research showing that the SSL certificate system that underpins Web security is far from trustworthy.
While the race between industrial control system attackers and defenders didn't start with the Stuxnet worm, it certainly acted as a catalyst to a new arms race and more researchers taking a closer look at the quality of SCADA software.
Iran may have been involved in an attack that resulted in hackers' acquiring bogus digital certificates for some of the Web's biggest sites, including Google and Gmail, Microsoft, Skype and Yahoo, a certificate issuing firm said today.
In the last three months of 2010 attackers managed to serve 3 million malicious advertising, or malvertising, impressions every day. That's the headline figure from a report released today from Web security firm Dasient. According to Dasient, that's ...
Very few people (certainly not the smart, savvy, people who read PCWorld articles) run their computers without up-to-date firewall and antivirus software. Most users know better than to click a message from "Bank of Amerika" that tells them "Your acc...
Thanks to Ars Technica and H-online.com, we now have intimate details of the Anonymous attack against security research company HBGary. There are no surprises in how the attacks where carried out, but we can draw many morals from the story, even if w...
This week, my company began deploying new firewalls. The old ones have been in place for more than six years; the new ones will allow us to take advantage of the next generation of features.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTData ScientistNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW