The release of Apple’s new Series 1 and Series 2 smartwatch models late in Q3 of this year, saw the vendor ship 2.8 million devices.
More rest and more activity lead to a lower BMI.
IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
One man in New Jersey came to the emergency room with arrhythmia and ended up with a proper diagnosis after consulting data from his Fitbit tracker.
Fitbit is known for selling fitness trackers to consumers, but the company also sees its fortunes in the enterprise market.
Telstra is ranging 10 different wearables as of today and plans to expand the range to 12 by Father’s Day.
Fitbit appears to be holding its own against the Apple Watch and may have even outsold the device in the U.S. in May, according to estimates from one market researcher.
Fitbit sprinted into Wall Street in its debut as a public company Thursday, as its shares opened 52 percent higher than the price that the wearables company had set for them.
Wearable devices that track steps and monitor sleep may have been dismissed as fads, but Fitbit's upcoming initial public offering paints a different picture.
Jawbone has filed its second lawsuit against Fitbit in less than two weeks, claiming its activity tracking products infringe several of Jawbone's patents.
Fitbit, whose wearable devices collect data on users' fitness activities and sleeping patterns, plans on pricing its initial public offering at US$14 to $16 a share, raising up to $358 million if its stock sells on the high end of the range.
Lenovo smartphone lets users interact with projected images...Google tipped to overhaul payments scheme...FCC will clamp down on spam texts...and more tech news.
The intense rivalry in the wearables market has spilled over into court with Jawbone accusing rival Fitbit of "systematically plundering" its employees, trade secrets and intellectual property.
Robotic surgeon gets hacked...NSA data dragnet broke the law...Tesla has a hit...and more tech news.
Fitbit, the maker of wearable activity trackers, has filed to go public and revealed some strong sales numbers in its pitch.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD