Flash memory product company, Lexar, has announced two additions to its mobile USB 3.0 flash drive line: the Lexar JumpDrive M20c and the Lexar JumpDrive M20i.
While data breaches by hackers get headlines, another form of data leakage can be very damaging to a company's bottom line, too. Most notably, that is sensitive data lost on the USB memory sticks.
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Intel and Micron on Tuesday announced denser NAND flash memory, which could help reduce the space occupied by memory while increasing the storage capacity on consumer electronics.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Scalability has been the buzzword for data warehousing vendors over the past several years, with the standout questions being, how many petabytes of data can I store? And how many servers and nodes?
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia