IBM is expanding its flash storage lineup to power cloud data centers that carry out so-called cognitive computing.
That 64GB SDXC card is yesterday's news (figuratively and literally). The new CompactFlash 5.0 standard promises a ridiculous 144-petabyte theoretical maximum storage capacity for newer CF cards. Finally, you'll be able to store your media library a...
As a new decade opens, more and more data centre operators find themselves struggling with an enterprise bottleneck not of their own making.
Slots that support faster SDXC flash storage cards are reaching consumer electronics devices, which could boost the performance of devices like camcorders and digital cameras, multiple companies said on Tuesday.
Flash-based storage will quickly become one of the most important technologies in the data center, according to Gartner.
Flash storage vendor OCZ Technology Group Inc. this week announced that it plans to use controllers from SandForce Inc. in its next generation of consumer and enterprise-class solid state drives (SSDs).
The rise of flash memory in the enterprise data center will help eliminate a fundamental imbalance between the performance of servers and storage, Sun storage chief John Fowler told attendees at Storage Networking World.
IBM will add support for SSDs to version 5.0 of its SAN Volume Controller and is promising a big boost in performance with or without flash storage.
The San Diego Supercomputer Center has built a high-performance computer with solid-state drives, which the center says could help solve science problems faster than systems with traditional hard drives.
What's better than 2-bits per cell? 3 bits of course. IM Flash Technologies, a joint venture between Intel and Micron, has announced that they have developed a 3-bit-per-cell NAND device that Micron will begin producing for commercial consumption thi...
Cloud computing and flash-based storage, two of the fastest-growing technologies in IT, may drive each other forward as Internet-based service providers demand faster access to large amounts of data.
SD memory cards capable of reading and writing data at speeds faster than current cards should be available in less than a year, Toshiba said on Tuesday.
Kingston today released the world's largest capacity USB memory stick: a flash drive with 256GB worth of storage.
Memory cards based on a new specification will boost storage of consumer electronics to as much as 2TB, the SD Association said Thursday.
Texas Memory Systems has added a less expensive, faster and smaller form-factor flash storage array to its line of solid-state products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW