Google made a news splash when it introduced a new VoIP functionality to Gmail yesterday. Gmail users based in the United States can now dial other Gmail users and accept calls from them right from their computer-a seemingly cool feature and thrifty ...
A new Forrester Research report finds that while a number of open-source BI (business intelligence) offerings are providing many of the capabilities enterprises require, certain shortcomings remain.
Apple's iOS, in the newer iPhones and the iPad, is now secure enough for many enterprise to deploy, according to a report from Forrester Research. But even the most recent version of iOS, in the iPhone 4, falls well short of the high security offered...
The latest news from HP should be chilling to IT employees: The company is eliminating 9,000 IT positions.
Despite fears caused by the European debt crisis, spending on technology products and services is set to continue growing around the world, although the pace of growth in Europe overall will be lower, Forrester Research said in a report released Tues...
Some tech industry rumors have an extra-long life, and the one about SAP buying middleware vendor Software AG got an extension this week following public comments by top leaders of both companies.
Only 16 percent of CEOs of the world's largest companies mention IT in their company annual reports, according to George Colony, chief executive of analyst group Forrester.
Oracle's unlimited license agreements (ULAs) can make great sense for companies that want to use a lot of the vendor's software, but a number of potential pitfalls can get buried in the fine print, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
Microsoft has been ramping up its cloud-based Exchange Online offering for its largest customers -- even though that may mean cannibalizing its own on-premises Exchange Server installed base.
SAP customers shouldn't rely on the vendor's NetWeaver technology stack for all of their middleware needs in the future, according to Forrester Research.
Mounting evidence suggests that in 2010, the hottest segment in BI (business intelligence) software will revolve around offerings delivered from the cloud, thanks to increased product sophistication, strained IT budgets and other factors.
Despite platform improvements coming in Microsoft's SharePoint 2010 server, the software is likely to be overkill for users seeking to meet isolated and specific requirements, according to a study by Forrester Research.
The market for Indian outsourcers is on the mend, but these companies will have to build expertise in new technology areas, and set up operations in multiple locations to take advantage of market conditions, according to analysts.
Android phones will make significant headway in the smartphone market and 4G service providers will zero in on apps in 2010.
Bad news for newspaper and magazine publishers hoping to boost their flagging businesses by charging for content: Most consumers in the U.S. won't pay for it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT