Though the shutdown and spending cuts by the U.S. government are taking a toll on IT sales this year, market surveys and financial results from the likes of Apple and Facebook this week show some positive signs for tech.
After a rollercoaster ride, tech stocks rebounded toward the end of the week following reports of a possible compromise on the political impasse over the U.S. budget.
With Apple reporting a decline in profit margins and Samsung consolidating its leadership in the mobile device market, earnings results and market research reports this week point to the ever-increasing importance of smartphones as key to growth in t...
With U.S. markets rallying and the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting record highs, analysts and industry insiders are expressing a sense of sober confidence, if not exuberance, about the tech sector's prospects for the year.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
You've heard the Gen Y stereotypes before: They're lazy workers, exude entitlement and have been reared on social technologies that they bring into the workplace, whether IT departments like it or not.
The business benefits of a cloud computing model have been well stated. You cut costs by switching to more flexible on-demand IT resources that can better handle the ebb and flow technology needs at a company.
Given all the hype SaaS (software as a service) has garnered, you might be inclined to think every category of software will be delivered predominantly from the cloud at some point. Not so, says a new Forrester Research report.
Microsoft became decidedly more social with SharePoint 2010, adding social networking tools like improved wiki and blog integration, tagging and microblogging into its SharePoint MySites feature.
The worst is over for technology spending and the sector is set to rebound this year, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
Apple beat rival computer makers such as Hewlett-Packard and Dell by wide margins in a recent customers satisfaction survey, an analyst said Monday.
While IT managers are looking to cut costs during the recession, most aren't looking for savings in Web content management, according to a recent Forrester Research study.
Forrester Research is now forecasting an IT spending growth rate of just 1.6 per cent in the U.S. next year, down from its earlier projection of a 6.1 per cent increase. But the market research and consulting firm thinks a turnaround will begin by th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC