A new technique that allows attackers to hide encrypted malicious Android applications inside images could be used to evade detection by antivirus products and possibly Google Play's own malware scanner.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Fortinet, one of the biggest computer security vendors, is suing rival Sophos alleging it poached senior staff in breach of an agreement signed when a Fortinet executive jumped ship to Sophos earlier this year.
The PHP Group will reset the passwords for accounts on php.net, the official website of the PHP programming language, and will change the site's SSL certificate after attackers compromised two servers and injected malicious code into the website.
Network security appliance maker Fortinet will expand its offerings for application delivery by acquiring privately held Coyote Point Systems.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW