Apple has reportedly acquired database company FoundationDB, a move that would allow the company to improve the underpinnings of its existing services and also lay the groundwork for an Internet of Things (IoT) expansion.
Google wants to let you pay bills inside Gmail... Microsoft packages Azure for web, mobile... Dutch utility to try heating with servers... and more tech news.
When the anticipated tsunami of data from the Internet of Things hits the enterprise, FoundationDB's flagship NoSQL database should be ready to handle to deluge.
Database software vendor FoundationDB has acquired Akiban, another purveyor of database software, in a move to develop a hybrid data-store application capable of storing both SQL and non-SQL data.
In an effort to combine the best of two database technologies, startup FoundationDB has launched a new data store that it claims can offer the reliability of transactional databases and the scalability and speed of NoSQL.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD