Foxconn has raised pay among workers in China by an average 30 percent, but it says that the raise has nothing to do with a string of suicides that some experts say global media have misattributed to everything from poor working conditions to rapid m...
Foxconn Technology Group suffered its 12th suicide attempt so far this year late Wednesday night, on the heels of a media tour to the company's main factory in China and pledges by customers Apple, Dell and Hewlett-Packard to investigate the issue.
Two recent Foxconn worker suicides, the ninth and 10th this year, present a harsh reality to the Chinese electronics manufacturer and its American tech partners, including Apple, Dell, and HP: fixing the problem will be difficult, if not impossible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia