Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
Foxconn Technology Group
Foxconn Technology Group in pictures
As part of its plan to set up to 12 manufacturing facilities in India by 2020, contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$5 billion in a factory and other facilities in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
Self-driving cars face off on California road... Satya Nadella has a new mission (statement)... Uber protests get real in France... and more tech news
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
In another sign that Japan loves cute robots, SoftBank's Pepper is proving to be a hit with its consumer launch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia