Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry reported a strong gain in net profit during the second quarter, but revenue growth for the Apple supplier continued to remain weak.
Local authorities in China are investigating two electronics suppliers linked with Apple and also reportedly HTC of dumping heavy metals in the country's rivers after watchdog groups accused them of damaging the environment.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group also wants to ride the upcoming wave of wearable tech, and has unveiled a wristband that can monitor a user's health and sync with a smartphone.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group is on track with its goal to a create a "million robot army", and already has 20,000 robotic machines in its factories, said the company's CEO Terry Gou on Wednesday.
Electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is putting yet more effort behind Mozilla's Firefox OS, and plans to hire up to 3,000 people in Taiwan with expertise in HTML5 and cloud computing.
Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, has become the latest company to back Mozilla's Firefox OS and is developing more than five devices running the mobile operating system for its customers.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. has set up a new research center devoted to display and touch technologies in Japan that could end up hiring staff away from Sharp.
Three workers at Foxconn factories in China have fallen to their deaths in recent weeks and police are investigating, according to the company.
Employees at the Chinese factories of Apple supplier Foxconn continue to work beyond the country's legal limit of 49 hours a month, according to a report from the Fair Labor Association (FLA). But the Taiwanese manufacturer is making overall steady p...
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry posted a 19.2 percent year-over-year decline in revenue for the first quarter, with sales likely affected by weak demand for Apple's iPhone 5, according to an analyst.
Microsoft has signed up another major electronics manufacturer to its Android and Chrome patent licensing program, this time Taiwan's Foxconn, which will pay royalties to the U.S. software giant.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. said it was still committed to buying a stake in Japanese display maker Sharp, and expects an investment could be completed within three months if a price can be agreed on.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry posted record annual profits last year, a sign that production of Apple products remains strong despite heightened competition from rival electronics vendors.
Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group said it was still negotiating a deal for greater cooperation with Sharp, despite the Japanese display maker securing a US$110 million investment to supply LCD panels to rival Samsung Electronics.
Hewlett-Packard has issued new guidelines to limit the use of student labor at its supplier factories in China, in what it claimed was the first of its kind for the IT industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW