A ‘power event’ at Amazon Web Services’ data centre in Sydney on Sunday night was to blame for hundreds of disgruntled end users unable to access websites and apps.
Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
Optus caused EPL fury by buying EPL rights purely to force hardcore EPL fans to churn broadband and mobile plans over to Optus whether they were actually able to or not. Now Foxtel has announced that it will still show many matches, some of which wil...
Fans of the English Premier League (EPL) hoping for a more egalitarian delivery method for the world’s largest football competition are sure to be disappointed after Optus outlined its plans for the 2016/17 season.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Heated competition in the streaming video on demand market has motivated Presto to strike a conditional agreement with frenemy Quickflix.
Foxtel has overhauled its cable-TV platform to incorporate Internet-savvy services, one interface across different devices and has launched a new set top box distinguished by an upgradable set of features.
The battle is spilling into the smartphone space following developments from both Stan and Presto.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
Foxtel is leveraging its relationship with Telstra in its most defensive move yet against a wave of video-on-demand services with the launch of bundled Foxtel, home phone and broadband plans.
Foxtel’s Presto will launch its TV counterpart this weekend ahead of competition services scheduled to launch in the coming months.
Foxtel is arming itself against an impending Netflix launch in Australia by forging a partnership with Seven West Media.
Microsoft has inked a deal with Foxtel to bring its Play content service to the Xbox One -- months after Sony brought the service to its PS4.
Foxtel subsidiary Presto has announced it will halve the price of its video-on-demand subscription service to $9.99 a month as of Sunday, 17 August.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year
- Asus' popular 144Hz gaming monitor has dropped to $205
- Skype for Business admins get tool to diagnose call problems
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTest ManagerWA
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCMainframe Specialist - Z/OSACT
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC