Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Heated competition in the streaming video on demand market has motivated Presto to strike a conditional agreement with frenemy Quickflix.
Foxtel has overhauled its cable-TV platform to incorporate Internet-savvy services, one interface across different devices and has launched a new set top box distinguished by an upgradable set of features.
The battle is spilling into the smartphone space following developments from both Stan and Presto.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
Foxtel is leveraging its relationship with Telstra in its most defensive move yet against a wave of video-on-demand services with the launch of bundled Foxtel, home phone and broadband plans.
Foxtel’s Presto will launch its TV counterpart this weekend ahead of competition services scheduled to launch in the coming months.
Foxtel is arming itself against an impending Netflix launch in Australia by forging a partnership with Seven West Media.
Microsoft has inked a deal with Foxtel to bring its Play content service to the Xbox One -- months after Sony brought the service to its PS4.
Foxtel subsidiary Presto has announced it will halve the price of its video-on-demand subscription service to $9.99 a month as of Sunday, 17 August.
Presto pledged support for Google’s Chromecast when the dongle was launched at the end of May. Today the Foxtel subsidiary has kept its commitment by making it possible to stream Presto from select Android tablets, iPads and PCs to Chromecast equippe...
Australians will be able to stream music, movies and videos to their televisions with the launch of Google’s Chromecast for less than $50.
Foxtel’s Play is now available on Sony’s new gaming console, the PlayStation 4, with the move dramatically expanding the variety of local content Australian PlayStation fans will be able to access.
Foxtel’s Play video-on-demand service is now available on Sony’s PlayStation 3, with the content provider pledging future support for the next-generation PlayStation 4.
Presto makes Foxtel’s movie library available for $20 per month without having to commit to a contract. The service will have access to roughly one thousand movies from several notable Hollywood studios, in addition to granting subscribers access to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW