A ‘power event’ at Amazon Web Services’ data centre in Sydney on Sunday night was to blame for hundreds of disgruntled end users unable to access websites and apps.
Foxtel announces delayed English Premier League coverage confounding Optus' live EPL coverage debacle
Optus caused EPL fury by buying EPL rights purely to force hardcore EPL fans to churn broadband and mobile plans over to Optus whether they were actually able to or not. Now Foxtel has announced that it will still show many matches, some of which wil...
Fans of the English Premier League (EPL) hoping for a more egalitarian delivery method for the world’s largest football competition are sure to be disappointed after Optus outlined its plans for the 2016/17 season.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Heated competition in the streaming video on demand market has motivated Presto to strike a conditional agreement with frenemy Quickflix.
Foxtel has overhauled its cable-TV platform to incorporate Internet-savvy services, one interface across different devices and has launched a new set top box distinguished by an upgradable set of features.
The battle is spilling into the smartphone space following developments from both Stan and Presto.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
Foxtel is leveraging its relationship with Telstra in its most defensive move yet against a wave of video-on-demand services with the launch of bundled Foxtel, home phone and broadband plans.
Foxtel’s Presto will launch its TV counterpart this weekend ahead of competition services scheduled to launch in the coming months.
Foxtel is arming itself against an impending Netflix launch in Australia by forging a partnership with Seven West Media.
Microsoft has inked a deal with Foxtel to bring its Play content service to the Xbox One -- months after Sony brought the service to its PS4.
Foxtel subsidiary Presto has announced it will halve the price of its video-on-demand subscription service to $9.99 a month as of Sunday, 17 August.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW