The former administrator of Darkode, the online cybercrime forum that was recently shut down by law enforcement agencies, is preparing to bring it back, with better security and privacy for its members.
A small group of Nigerian scammers is using more sophisticated methods to defraud mostly Asian businesses, including buying exploit kits and malware from experienced coders, according to a new report from FireEye.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Cybercriminals are casting increasingly wider nets in their search for new point-of-sale systems to infect. This appears to be the case with a new memory scraping malware program called GamaPoS that's distributed by a large botnet known as Andromeda.
The Internet could see a new wave of botnets based on the ZeusVM banking Trojan after the tools needed to build and customize the malware program were published online for free.
Cybercriminals are improving a malicious software program that can be installed on ATMs running Microsoft's Windows XP operating system that records sensitive card details, according to security vendor Trustwave.
A bank-machine hacker who reportedly was arrested earlier this month in Turkey gave would-be fraudsters tips on how to install rogue card-reading devices, including advising them to target drive-through ATMs (automated teller machines) and avoid town...
Whitepapers about fraud
In the second half of 2013, the advancement of security breaches across all industries continued to rise. Within this report, we’ll explain how more than half a billion records of personally identifiable information (PII) such as names, emails, credit card numbers and passwords were leaked in 2013 - and how these security incidents show no signs of stopping.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT