Fraunhofer Institute researchers are working to speed up the scanning of mobile app code for security flaws, aiming to offer developers in a few milliseconds the kind of analysis that once required an all-night scan of code.
Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology
Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) has taken the concept of using NFC-equipped smartphones as keys one step further by allowing access rights to be shared.
Researchers in Germany say they've been able to reveal passwords stored in a locked iPhone in just six minutes and they did it without cracking the phone's passcode.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorSA
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- PTProject ManagersACT