The developers of Replicant, a mobile OS based on Android, claim to have found a backdoor vulnerability in a software component shipped with some Samsung Galaxy devices that potentially provides remote access to users' private files through the devic...
Free Software Foundation
Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
It was 30 years ago today -- which is to say Sept. 27, 1983 -- that the seeds were planted for both Linux and the open source software movement, though neither is called that name by the man who help set both of them into motion, the irascible Richar...
Nineteen organizations, including a church and gun ownership and marijuana legalization groups, have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. National Security Agency for a surveillance program that targets U.S. residents' phone records.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
Richard Stallman is a big name in the technology sector. The software developer and political activist is best known for his creation during the early 1980′s of the GNU Project, which combined with Linus Torvalds' kernel programming efforts in the ea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT