The developers of Replicant, a mobile OS based on Android, claim to have found a backdoor vulnerability in a software component shipped with some Samsung Galaxy devices that potentially provides remote access to users' private files through the devic...
Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
It was 30 years ago today -- which is to say Sept. 27, 1983 -- that the seeds were planted for both Linux and the open source software movement, though neither is called that name by the man who help set both of them into motion, the irascible Richar...
Nineteen organizations, including a church and gun ownership and marijuana legalization groups, have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. National Security Agency for a surveillance program that targets U.S. residents' phone records.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
A project to ensure privacy and anonymity on the Web that helped dissident movements in Iran and Egypt was honored by the Free Software Foundation in the group's annual award ceremony. The Free Software Foundation also honored an individual who creat...
Protesting the secrecy of the deal, the Open Source Initiative and the Free Software Foundation have jointly asked the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate the purchase of more than 800 patents by a Microsoft-led consortium, CTPN Holdings.
The Web front end for a Free Software Foundation software repository remains down after the server it was hosted on was attacked last week.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ducked the question of whether the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) should continue to issue software patents in a ruling Monday striking down a business-method patent.
Tuesday May 4 has been named as this year's Day against Digital Rights Management (DRM) by the President of the Free Software Foundation.
The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) has brought a copyright lawsuit against 14 consumer electronics companies for allegedly violating GNU General Public License (GPL) in the use of GPL-licensed software in their products. Among those named in the ...
Cisco Systems will appoint a director to ensure that its Linksys products comply with the terms of free software licenses, and in return the Free Software Foundation will dismiss its lawsuit against the networking giant, the parties said on Wednesday...
The Free Software Foundation Thursday slapped Cisco with a lawsuit claiming copyright infringement related to Cisco's Linksys wireless routers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC