U.S. communities looking for faster broadband service than incumbent ISPs provide have alternatives to the increasingly controversial choice of seeking to publicly fund a network, according to a new handbook for city officials.
U.S. President Barack Obama's call for the Federal Communications Commission to pass net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility is a bad idea that could raise broadband prices by 16 percent or more, a parade of Repu...
After a spate of news stories about alleged "astroturf" advocacy in a contentious U.S. net neutrality debate, the IDG News Service looked into the funding transparency of several think tanks and advocacy groups involved in the issue. Several disclose...
Government-funded broadband projects have led to higher speeds and lower prices for U.S. small businesses, despite opposition from some in Congress, according to an auditor's report.
The U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission shouldn't forget unlicensed uses of spectrum as policymakers debate ways to open up more mobile spectrum for broadband and voice services, a group of wireless advocates said Thursday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Thursday to shift long-time telephone subsidies to broadband deployment generated praise in the telecom industry, but other groups questioned the move.
Late last week, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a budget bill that included a prohibition on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission enforcing net neutrality rules, but it's unclear whether that provision will survive.
With the issue of network neutrality behind the U.S. Federal Communications Commission -- at least temporarily -- the agency must turn its focus to freeing up wireless spectrum, reforming telecom subsidies and promoting broadband deployment and adopt...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD