Android apps really do use those permissions they ask for to access users' personal information: one online store records a phone's location up to 10 times a minute, French researchers have found. The tools to manage such access are limited, and inad...
Google has lodged an appeal against the €150,000 (US$205,000) fine imposed by the French privacy watchdog, a company spokesman said Tuesday.
France's data protection authority has given Google three months to change the way it handles users' private data, or face legal sanctions.
Mobile phone apps are accessing users' private data and transmitting it to remote servers far more than appears strictly necessary, while users have inadequate tools to monitor or control such access, according to a new study by two French government...
European privacy authorities approved a plan to come up with measures to curb Google's collection, combination and storage of its users' personal information before the summer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Location Management Program - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW